30 fps drop by just "walking"

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
30 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • I'm sorry but I'm really confused right now. My game has basically nothing right now. Just the first scenario, which is 3 tilpemaps, 1 base and two for decorations.

When I start moving any sprite, drops 30fps in my phone. I'm intrigued. The project have 10 events and there are nothing that could do that. I've tried all movements behaviors, even move forward action.

The object is travelling from the left of the screen to the end just to test.

• could you post a capx ? or an overview (screenshot) of the involved events

• could you post a capx ? or an overview (screenshot) of the involved events

https://www.dropbox.com/s/38t313ei6witk ... .capx?dl=0

That's weird. The attachment tab of the forum disappeared for me here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your base tilemap seems to consume most.

As soon as you reduce the window size the frame speed picks up. And removing the base tilemap gives quite some fps back.

After the base its those 2 image decorations. Removing them also gives some fps back.

Perhaps its due to using 3 layers of tilemaps ? I have not used tilemaps that much, so I am not sure on that. Perhaps the tiles you used are a bit big ? or the overal size of the tilemaps are too big ?

Instead of using the 2 decoration tilemaps to place your other objects, perhaps use sprites ?

Also, you can set sampling to linear, looks better imo.

• Your base tilemap seems to consume most.

As soon as you reduce the window size the frame speed picks up. And removing the base tilemap gives quite some fps back.

After the base its those 2 image decorations. Removing them also gives some fps back.

Perhaps its due to using 3 layers of tilemaps ? I have not used tilemaps that much, so I am not sure on that. Perhaps the tiles you used are a bit big ? or the overal size of the tilemaps are too big ?

Instead of using the 2 decoration tilemaps to place your other objects, perhaps use sprites ?

Also, you can set sampling to linear, looks better imo.

How come. It's all about a bunch of repeated smaller tiles. If I don't use any movement, fps stays at 60. Removing all the decorations give me back about 10~15 fps. Is it right? It seems TOO limited for me. Tilemap should give me a lot advantage, not the opposite. Also, bear in mind that it's only one object moving, imagine a bunch of them.

The tiles are 32x32. Can't be that.

The tilemap object size doesn't affect performance by it self.

For the decorations: Using sprites wouldn't help because I would increase a lot my object count. Performance issue would be worse in this case.

I'm really getting frustrated with C2 regarding to performance issues in mobiles. I'm about to give up and perhaps trying to make games for PC only. Too limited in comparison with other engines, in my opinion. That's the conclusion I get after months doing my games and, after this project, I'm sure.

• Performance issues here to with tile mapping and fps, but can't find answers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)