Wow! Steam remote play together.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Friends, steam will enable online play for local mode. It's like parsec but straight from steam. So, if I'm right, C2 users will also benefit from it without the need for any plugin.

Steam mail to devs:

HEADS UP DEVELOPERS,

HERE COMES

REMOTE PLAY TOGETHER

COMING SOON TO STEAM BETA

We’re reaching out to let you know

about a new feature heading to Steam

Your local multiplayer games will soon be improved with automatic support for Remote Play Together on Steam. Remote Play Together is a new Steam feature that enables two or more players to enjoy local multiplayer games over the internet, together. We think this feature will be very valuable for customers and developers and are excited about the beta. We’ve provided an FAQ at the bottom of this message which we think addresses most questions and concerns.

All local multiplayer, local co-op, and split-screen games will be automatically included in the Remote Play Together beta, which we plan to launch the week of October 21. If you have any questions please contact us.

HERE’S HOW IT JUST WORKS

Using the Remote Play Together Beta, a player can simply launch any game with support for local multiplayer, local co-op or shared / split-screen features and then via the Steam Overlay, invite a Friend to join their game for some multiplayer fun. The invitation is just like handing a second controller to a friend. When the Friend accepts an invitation to play, it’s as though they’re playing side by side at the same machine. Much like a traditional split-screen experience, the host’s computer is running the game, but with Remote Play Together friends can join using their own controllers, voice, audio, and display — regardless of whether they also own the game on Steam.

Any controllers connected to the second player's computer will act as if they're plugged directly into the first computer. The player hosting the game can also choose to allow or block inputs to their shared keyboard and mouse.

Remote Play Together is built on top of Steam’s existing Remote Play technologies and supports up to 4 players and renders 60 frames per second at a resolution of 1080p. The feature requires a connection between 10 to 30 Mbps for a successful low-latency session, with results depending upon the Internet speeds of everyone playing. With fast connections, additional players may be supported.

NO ONLINE FEATURES OR SERVERS REQUIRED

This feature is designed to add value to multiplayer games which do not already have native online capabilities. It will soon be enjoyed among friends online using the Remote Play Together Beta, enabling fans to introduce your local multiplayer game to new audiences. Note that multiplayer games which are not explicitly designed for local play are still best enjoyed using the game’s built-in online system.

COMING SOON TO STEAM BETA

We look forward to bringing this new service to your local multiplayer games on Steam. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Steam team. A Remote Play Together Beta will soon be announced to Steam players everywhere.

Thanks so much,

Steam Team.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If this is as straightforward as the press release makes it seem, this is huge for 2 player games built in Construct

• I tried remote play together on steam with a friend, with my game Corgi Warlock, which was made in construct 2... He hosted and invited me... but all I saw was a black screen. I could see his mouse moving around and I could hear the game, but I couldn't see the game. I think this has something to do with the same issues some people have when trying to stream or video capture construct 2 games. I'm not sure if this is something that is fixed in Construct 3, as I've only made a game in Construct 2. We tried Remote play with another game called expendabros and that worked fine. Its something to do with the browser window nature of construct games.

• I think C2 and C3 use NWjs to export exe.

So it is not possible that it has been solved in C3 and not in C2, I am not sure at all, to see if anyone can provide more information.

• Remote together seems to be in steam SDK 1.47 and explain why it's not working (current on construct is 1.42 if I remember).

I've tested putting the 1.47 SDK inside the package and nothing change. Greenworks plugin don't seems to support this SDK version.

Mouse / keyboard are working but the controller are not detected and no video are sent...

An update should fix everything, let's hope someone will update it, it will open an easy way for multiplayer for contruct 2 / 3.

• Edit : I got video and sound working on my game by adding the greenworks from the greenheartgames github and the 1.47 SDK in my package.

BUT ! After choosing players characters, and going to the next level, the video and sound freeze and stop working.

The mouse / keyboard keep working but still no controller detected even in the screen that is working.

I'll keep investigating into this and keep you aware if I found something ! ;)

• So after a week of different tests... I think it's impossible to add remote play in C2 in the current state. I don't know if it come from nwjs export (didn't tested with electron (if someone wanna try).

I think we should wait for an update of greenworks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)