Wii U Gamepad Public Development Information

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • Just came across this on the Nintendo website. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here yet.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/built-in-software/browser-specs/extended-functionality/

It looks like Nintendo has some javascript documentation publicly available for using the Wii U Gamepad and other features with the Wii U's built-in web browser. A test page is also included for use with the gamepad.

Does our gamepad plugin work with this already? If not, maybe Ashley could add it or someone could make an unofficial Wii U Gamepad plugin.

If nobody here is able to work on it, maybe it's time I brush up on some javascript.

What do you think?

• If your really interested in making Wii U games, I would suggest heading over to wiiu-developers.nintendo.com and fill out an application. You will be really limited in what you can do without official Wii U dev hardware. Also, Ashley and company have stated they may have something to share with us in the new year regarding an official exporter, but I will say that Contruct 2 as-is does play nice with the dev hardware.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If your really interested in making Wii U games, I would suggest heading over to wii-developers.nintendo.com and fill out an application. You will be really limited in what you can do without official Wii U dev hardware. Also, Ashley and company have stated they may have something to share with us in the new year regarding an official exporter, but I will say that Contruct 2 as-is does play nice with the dev hardware.

Right. I'm not talking about Wii U games, though. The link has information for the Wii U's browser. I was thinking more along the lines of another supported browser for construct 2's gamepad plugin for standard HTML5 games not games made with the Nintendo web framework or ones available in the eshop.

• There was a game built with Construct 2 that used the gyroscope and touchscreen elements but I can't remember what the name of the game was.

• Nice so maybe it's already working (even if it's not officially supported.) I'll have to do some digging and experimenting.

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)