Why Do Timers Consume CPU If They Are Not Triggered?

• This is odd - I left a comment yesterday here, but it didn't appear. I see it in my posts, but not in this thread. Maybe it's awaiting moderation?

Anyway, I wrote that "On timer" is probably not a real trigger and is checked on every tick, and Asmodean confirmed this! Thank you all for the interesting discussion.

By the way, I increased the number of "on timer" events to 50 and tested this project in C3 - with the old runtime CPU usage is 40% on my laptop, pretty much the same as in C2. With C3 runtime CPU usage is around 15-20%

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is odd - I left a comment yesterday here, but it didn't appear. I see it in my posts, but not in this thread. Maybe it's awaiting moderation?

dop2000 The same thing happen to me on the weekend it was pretty bad I had to redo many times my post as they disappear also sometimes even for 3 or 4 hours

By the way, I increased the number of "on timer" events to 50 and tested this project in C3 - with the old runtime CPU usage is 40% on my laptop, pretty much the same as in C2. With C3 runtime CPU usage is around 15-20%

Wow That's pretty good results to be honest, and as Construct normally give higher CPU results I recond that it should be even lower than that, I'm curious to see an exported test with c3 Run Time, at the moment I removed most of my Timers and Left just the ones that are really necessary as in mobile I cannot Go that crazy.

Speaking about the "Fake Triggers" I wonder if there is a place or blog that they mention all the Fake Triggers that c2/c3 Uses that will be cool just know all of them and keep them on mind.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)