What memory use means??

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • What does memory use means? i mean the number next to Aprox download and event counter number in construct..

is it memory used by the GPU?? or memory used by the RAM??

thanks for your help!! :)

• Represents the apx use of memory after the images and audio are loaded and expanded for use.

• Good question - I'm not sure if it represents VRAM, RAM, or both. I think it's just VRAM.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It only attempts to estimate the peak memory use of the images in the project. (This is the memory use of images on whichever layout has the biggest memory use requirement, plus some estimated overhead).

• It only attempts to estimate the peak memory use of the images in the project. (This is the memory use of images on whichever layout has the biggest memory use requirement, plus some estimated overhead).thanks for the repplies, ashley i have read your tutorial on how to not waste memory, and what i understood is that the GPU loads only whats on the screen?? so if i have a gpu with 512mb i must be sure not to render 300+/-mb of memory on objects at a time on the screen right?

my game its for desktop so i need to consider a max requirement. even tho almost all pcs now have at least 1gb of VRAM im aiming at 512 as maximum.

thanks!! :)

• Everything in the layout is loaded in to memory, even if most of it is not on screen.

• I think it's the memory allocated to save sound and images ... before passing the files to the GPU , you need to allocate an array and put it all in it , then you send the data to the GPU to get it drawn , I don't know if images are stored on the GPU or on the CPU , but I'm sure sounds are stored on the CPU

• But then what im supposed to do?? any tips?? im planing on doing a game on 1080p with nice visuals, but the VRAM seems to run out very quickly!!! im doing all i can to optimize it, but even then... is C2 really capable to doing a big game or its just for mobile kind of games??

another question.. when the layout its changed, what memory was being used in the GPU is emptied?? and then the next layout will be loaded into the gpu�� becuase if that the case, i can just do my game build with lost of layouts and in that way the gpu wont have to load big layouts so i can have good graphics...and smooth 60fps gameplay

im recycling instances and all those performance tips you see in the forums... any more you can give me?? thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)