[Urgent] What is the best option?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hello guyz, I have a game that has houses and I am having difficulties in choosing which is the best option to put it in Construct 2 that will be balanced in performance & graphics:

Option1: House that has separated parts and recycled also in other houses since parts of House 1 is also included in House 2, 3 & 4 and varities of colours.

Pros: High in quality, Reduced Download Size & Memory efficient

Cons: x2 or more in CPU Usage

Option2: Houses that are made separately by Image. So, 1 image per house and varities of colors.

Pros: Low CPU Usage and highly increases performance.

Cons: Big Download Size, Blurry compared to Option1 (Not great quality), Memory less efficient than option1.

Option3: Spriter (Highperformance Mode (Spritesheet version)) . I haven't tried it on the houses but what do you think?

Pros: Memory efficient because of spritesheet , CPU efficient, Download size efficient, High Quality as Option1.

Cons: Spriter loads all images in one go since it is in spritesheet but depending on the method, Slow Initialization(might take a while to load), risky and requires a longer time to arrange.

Guys what do you think? Thanks.

• Ashley can you help me pls? I am making a game for mobile and can't decide for myself. I need some expert advice. Thanks in advance.

zenox98 ?

Kyatric ?

blackhornet ?

SoldjahBoy ?

• Option 1

There's no real increase of cpu, unless they are moving.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • newt - Thank you very much for replying. You saved my schedule. That's what I think before but the debugger has a different opinion. This decision made me delay my project for 3 days.

• Option 1 sounds like what we describe in remember not to waste your memory, so go for that.

• Thanks a lot, now I'm convinced.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)