[Suggestion] Updates to objects

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hello;

I would like to know the object name given a UID.

thanks for your time.

winkr7

• Automatic update of function calls

Currently when you have defined a function and later on might realize that you should have called it something else, you have to manually go through the code to find all the places where you call this function from. Would be useful if C2 could automatically do this as it does with any other object when you change their name.

• SINE BEHAVIOR

It would be awesome if it had a PAUSE feature. Full pauses X secs after complete cycle. Half pauses X secs halfway through complete cycle.

example:

Period = 4

Full Pause = 0

Half Pause = 2

For those that do not like using plugins.

• Auto/manual sorting of the list object

Would be nice if there were a property for making a list auto sort or to manually do it. This could be either a property you could turn on for the list it self in the properties panel or as an action that you could call in your code.

Action:

Sort list - Would sort the list using a basic sorting method. So "a" would be before "b" and numbers would be before letters etc. Could be expanded so you would be able to use tokenat to customize which parameter of an entry text should be used for the sorting method.

• Timer behaviour extended checks

A minor suggestion to extend this behaviour, so it would be possible to check if a certain timer behaviour is currently active.

Event condition:

Is timer running - Would check if any timer is currently running for the behaviour.

Is timer with tag running - Would allow the user to specify which tag there should be made a check for.

• Is between value picking

This is just a minor thing, but it would make sense if the "system -> Is between values" were also available as a picking condition for objects.

Since you can pick objects based on variable values, it would be nice if this were also a possibility without having to use other picking conditions.

• Random setting of Boolean

Yet a minor addition that would be handy I think. At the moment you have the ability to Set a Boolean variable to either True, False. But in cases where it should be random, its easier to use an integer. So adding a new action could solve this.

Action:

Random Boolean - Would set the Boolean to either true or false.

• Tilemap Set/Get rotation state

You can set the desired rotation state of tiles in a tilemap. However there is from what I can see no way to receive this rotation.

This causes problems when you switch one tile with another and want to keep the rotation of the original tile.

So a nice addition would be to get maybe a numeric value indicating which rotational state a tile is in. Could be a 0 based index, that way it would make it easier to set a new state for a tile during runtime.

Action:

Get tile state - Returns an index telling which state is currently active.

Set tile state - The ability to pass an index to a tile at a given tile position and tell it to change state.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On variable changed trigger

This is just a suggestion of a feature that I think might be pretty handy.

At the moment you can check a variable against varies values by manually adding these. However think it would be very useful if you had the possibility to create an event condition that would trigger whenever a specific variable changes.

It could work with both global and object variables so when you add the trigger, you get a drop down list where you can select which variable you want the event to monitor for changes.

Conditions:

On variable changed - Trigger whenever the chosen variable changes value.

• On variable changed trigger

On variable changed - Trigger whenever the chosen variable changes value.

Triggers. Hope you can explain that to beginners (and to me). Triggers are tricky when displaced in time, order or depth.

What you propose is worse, it is a beast that has to be caged behind several doors, behind so many exceptions ... that it cant be used.

Say, i do this.

Global variable 'a'

Instance variable 'b'

On variable changed 'a'

...... set Instance variable 'b' to random(0,101)

On variable changed 'b'

...... set global variable 'a' to random(b,a)

On object clicked

...... add 1 to Instance variable 'b'

• > On variable changed trigger

>

> On variable changed - Trigger whenever the chosen variable changes value.

>

Triggers. Hope you can explain that to beginners (and to me). Triggers are tricky when displaced in time, order or depth.

What you propose is worse, it is a beast that has to be caged behind several doors, behind so many exceptions ... that it cant be used.

Say, i do this.

Global variable 'a'

Instance variable 'b'

On variable changed 'a'

...... set Instance variable 'b' to random(0,101)

On variable changed 'b'

...... set global variable 'a' to random(b,a)

On object clicked

...... add 1 to Instance variable 'b'

Not sure what you mean that it would be bad?

You would be able to make infinite loops if I understand your examples correct. But that is no different than how programming is already and you would be able to do it even without this functionality. So as with any loops or code that could potentially end up looping, you would have to be aware of this or did I misunderstand what you mean the problem is?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)