[Suggestion] Subpixel number ColBox editing

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on numbers in the proper order and reach the sun!
  • For smaller graphics, I have to set some collision boxes to be in the middle of the pixel itself. C2 has no issues handling this, however the process to do so is tedious as I have to enlarge the sprite, adjust the collision box, then shrink the sprite back down.

What I am suggesting is the numerical editing of collision box vertices to at least 2 decimal places in (instead of 1x it can be put in as 1.5x)

Edit: original said BBox, not ColBox. BBox is image border, ColBox is the modifiable collision box, which I was intending.

• Well the question is what effect will that have on the engine?

For example how will pixel round deal with it, or even flipping.

Anyway this is actually the one argument against using power of two images.

• Well the question is what effect will that have on the engine?

For example how will pixel round deal with it, or even flipping.

Anyway this is actually the one argument against using power of two images.Um no. I use power of 2 images. Problem being that you can't have a 16x16 square fit into a hole that is 16px wide because the way it calculates collisions.

So in order to get a 16x16 box into a 16x16 hole, I have to make it less than 16x16. In order to do this without it moving at higher resolutions, pixel rounding must be on, and it must be very slightly smaller than the size you need.

This is really more of an argument for a different collision system, but since that isn't going to happen I'd like to settle for the ability to edit the BBox vertices up to at least the 2nd decimal place. You can place them manually with the mouse between pixel so I don't see the harm in letting you do it via keyboard.

• Was working in C2 and realised in this post I said BBox and not ColBox. Edited original post to reflect that because BBox is different han ColBox.

What I was suggesting is to allow 2 decimal places of accuracy for moving ColBox Vertices Via keyboard.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No one else has had a problem with a tile/grid based game where they had to make their collision box smaller?

I know for low resolution games you don't want to have pixels overlap, but also need for a 16x16 block to fit into a 16x16 hole, requiring that you make the block "almost 16x16". Only reliable way to do this is resizing up, placing the colbox vertices, and resizing down. The mouse is unreliable for placement, but it can place between pixels no problem. Keyboard should be able to do that

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)