Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • PSI - We're closing up the prerelease for the next version of Spriter as we speak. After fixing a couple more bugs we will do a limited release of the program so the community can help us test this new version. After fixing any bugs the community finds, we will package the full release for all 3 platforms. The next order of business is catching up the plugin. The opacity function should still work, so that's another bug that will be fixed. I thank you all again for your patience. This next version of the plugin will be a large upgrade, adding custom event, animated variables and tag states, and subentities as well as bug fixes.

6bruno6 There will be better options to work directly with the scml object itself, but if you need to manipulate it as one object with a behavior like that, it's best to make a dummy sprite and pin the scml object onto the dummy sprite. This way you have absolute control over the size of the sprite and the offset:

So, create a sprite that's just a square and add it to the group, and at start of layout, or when you create a new scml object, pin the scml object to it. Then you can just add drag and drop, or any other behavior to the sprite, and have the entire entity behave as you expect it to. In a future version of the plugin you will be able to control the exact size of the main bounding box from within Spriter, and C2 will use this information for the scml object's bounding box.

Also, just a heads up to everyone, you can now download the essentials versions of the art packs from the Scirra Store after purchasing Spriter Pro. You will find them as 'alternate versions' available for download in the same place you can download the Mac and Linux versions:

For those not already familiar, when you purchase Spriter Pro, you get a subset of each art pack as free downloads. The “Essentials” editions don’t have as much content as the full commercial versions, but offer a fantastic starting point for creating the animations you might require for your game projects.

• I'm thrilled to start using it

Just purchased. Couldn't help test the bone system!

• lucid - tx for the advice! Keep up the hard work, awesome tool spriter!!!! Cheers!

• lucid - just a question, so i know it for the future: The collision boxes works fine into c2? or i made the dummy sprite object trick?

cheers!

• Hi! Can`t understand why "resume animation" do not resume it. Here is simple example in attach.

I just want to stop playing animation, and after some condition - resume it, but nothing works I`m using b178.

Thanks for reply!

P.S.: And where can I find manual about Spriter actions?

• 6bruno6, the collision boxes created in Spriter load correctly and can be used to detect collisions, but since the scml plugin will be moving them around and animating them, you usually won't want to put a behavior on them. So it's best to create a sprite called 'playerbox' or something like that. And then use the pin behavior to attach the scml object to it.

MikeMS, That is a bug. It must have been introduced recently. Also, your condition says >=600ms, so if the bug wasn't present, it would try to play it pass this condition and pause itself again, so it would need a system condition Trigger Once While True under that condition. However, even if you fix this, it won't work because of the bug.

I'll be announcing a pre-release of the upcoming Spriter build tonight, and then I'll do an update to the c2 plugin for release over the weekend to fix the bugs that have been reported. After I complete the full release of the upcoming Spriter build, I'll add the remaining features to the plugin. Thanks again for you patience everyone. I'll post back here with the details of the pre-release later tonight as well.

• The Spriter B11 Pre-Release is available for testing! See the full update post here.

In addition to a number of bug fixes, optimizations, and enhancements, the new version introduces Constraint Relaxation overcoming the previous limit of 2 bones for an IK chain. This feature is available in both the Pro version and the Essentials(free) version. Spriter also now visualizes the waveforms for sounds in the timeline window.

Cosine Triangulation (2-bone) IK

Constraint Relaxation (new method) IK

Sound Waveform Visualization

• * Fixed a bug where Character Maps weren't using the correct pivot points for mapped sprites

I dont' know what I'm doing wrong, when I change the origin pivot point by the Files/Pallet the sprite still doesn't adjust tot he new pivot/origin. Also this isn't just with maps, this also applies to the root entity images.

• Changing the pivot point in the file palette locks the positions of the sprites, and offsets their positions so you can change the pivot point, without having your character get shifted around. If it's needed, I can add a feature to disable the position compensation and allow the sprites to shift when the pivot point is changed through the file palette.

Once the main pivot is set, and you set the character map images' pivot points, when you switch on a character map, the pivot point is in the same xy position on the character, so if you have a long head image with a tall hat, and a regular head, and both pivots are set to where the neck meets the head, the head will appear in the same place, despite being drastically different shapes and/or sizes

• I have used several animation programs (not that I ever got real pro at it or anything), and for some reason, I could never quite wrap my head around using bones properly and so I mostly just avoided it. I just got Spriter a couple of days ago and within an hour of using it, I FINALLY understood how to use them. So awesome!

waveform visualization, also so awesome!

keep up the great work!

• lucid is it possible to remove only one specific character map instead of removing all?

This program rocks!

• baterism - if you mean in the plugin, not yet, but I can add that in a future update. And thanks!

• lucid

can we have the option to set new origin points for images. Mine seem to be locked now. Since some of the images have different points of visual center there seems to be no way to reposition them.

• jayderyu, are you saying this is happening in the new version of Spriter? or in the scml plugin?

In Spriter, default pivots and such should be working pretty much as you'd expect, as we fixed several bugs, but if there's something else going on there, let me know, and I'll fix it for the full release. If you mean the scml plugin, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. The plugin imports now with the pivot point/hotspot at 0,0. The reason for this is that Spriter allows you to animated the pivot point, and c2 does not allow for animated pivot points. The plugin just manually compensates for the pivot point as it animates. I'm not sure if any of that answered your question.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

---------------------------

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Setting texture, but texture file on disk appears to be missing

Condition: FileExists(GetActivePath().c_str())

File: Projects\ObjectTexture.cpp

Line: 444

Function: void __cdecl ObjectTexture::GLEnsureLoaded(struct ObjectTexture::GLTextureInstance *)

Build: release 181 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Failed to load texture

Error loading texture 'C:\Users\yaomon17\AppData\Local\Temp\c2-3KM4NM\img1UUMPI95.png': Failed to read image file data (2)

This may indicate a corrupt PNG file in the project directory. The image will not be able to be displayed in the editor.

OK

Getting this when trying to update an existing file with new anims. Help?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)