Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • ...can you guys please implement the support to "minify" script ? ... soon.

Unfortunately, not likely soon. I need to find out why it's happening, and if my suspicions are correct, it will be something that I need to spend a good while hunting down. It's on the todo list, but there's a lot of big things on the list before it, so I wouldn't call it soon, as I don't have an eta yet.

is there a way to rotate a few degrees the scml animation during runtime when the bounding's box corner touches the slope? see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?

I may be misunderstanding the question again, but it seems like all you have to do is set the angle of the scml plugin.

lucid how can I import a char with character maps, because I impor my .scml and my .scon, but only with the basic images and dont import the character map images.

Not yet ffman22. There is some work Ashley must do on the importer in C2 first. I just recently gave him the updated plugin to work with, when he was already in the middle of several non-Spriter C2 things. He says it will probably be a week or two before he gets a chance to work on it. Fortunately, once that happens, everything is ready on the plugin side for it to work.

• Hi lucid, thank you for your great work here.

I might have a clue about this:

Unfortunately, not likely soon. I need to find out why it's happening, and if my suspicions are correct, it will be something that I need to spend a good while hunting down. It's on the todo list, but there's a lot of big things on the list before it, so I wouldn't call it soon, as I don't have an eta yet.

C2 uses Google Closure Compiler to minify scripts, so the variables and properties (with dot syntax, ex: Object.property) you use will be changed after the minify process. I think this is why your plugin doesn't work after minify.

This is also noted in the SDK documentation .

I had the same issue with my plugin before and changing from dot to bracket syntax (Object["property"]) solved it.

Hope this help.

• here is the first ever pic of my game !

see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?

Your spriter object can be rotated and acted upon independently from the rectangle. Or, you can always change the angle of the rectangle itself. I am guessing you are using platformer movement. You might want to switch over to custom movement as you will have more control over functionality.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

Spriter is great!

However, I recently tried to add an animation and I got this error

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Temporary project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(temp_path.c_str())

File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp

Line: 32

Function: __cdecl ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)

Build: release 165 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

• Hi

Spriter is great!

However, I recently tried to add an animation and I got this error

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Temporary project file missing on disk

Condition: FileExists(temp_path.c_str())

File: Projects\ProjectFile.cpp

Line: 32

Function: __cdecl ProjectFile::ProjectFile(class FileFolder &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &)

Build: release 165 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

I resolved the problem

However, now I have another one

I can't see my animations, I uploaded the construct project and the spriter folder

Please, check it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8bsly ... ations.rar

thanks in advance

• I might have a clue about this:

C2 uses Google Closure Compiler to minify scripts, so the variables and properties (with dot syntax, ex: Object.property) you use will be changed after the minify process.

Hi khanh. Thanks for the pointer. In all of the official plugins like the sprite plugin, there is a lot of dot syntax. Is there only certain circumstances where it needs to be avoided?

EDIT:ok, someone just pointed me to this: https://www.scirra.com/manual/22/runtime-overview

Somehow missed the "Google Closure Compiler compatibility" section on the first read-through. I may be able to get to this sooner than I thought. Still a few things to do before I can give an ETA though.

I can't see my animations, I uploaded the construct project and the spriter folder

The C2 plugin requires that you save the scml and scon file with two save options set in Spriter. It appears you do not have them set. The settings will be saved, so you only have to set it once:

• Hi khanh. Thanks for the pointer. In all of the official plugins like the sprite plugin, there is a lot of dot syntax. Is there only certain circumstances where it needs to be avoided?

I'm not sure how to explain this, though I can give you an example of a case where the dot syntax will cause the problem:

Without minifying, you can get an object type from runtime by doing this:

Acts.prototype.ExampleAction = function() {
        var type = this.runtime.types.AnyObjectType; // AnyObjectType is the name of an object type created in C2
        console.log(type);
    };
    [/code:1bkxd7mr]
    In this case, even if you use the bracket syntax ([i]this.runtime.types["AnyObjectType"][/i]), the code won't work after C2 minify the project, since [i]AnyObjectType[/i] has also been renamed.

I can only say that if you access a property from an external library, you should go with the bracket syntax (although you should still be aware of the cases as in my example). The same applies if you want to expose something from your plugin.
  • here is the first ever pic of my game !

see what i mean about the rectangle and the scml animation?

Hi Roccinio,

The Spriter object has actions to rotate the Spriter object by or to any specific number of digrees. You'll need to do something like:

Is player block sprite overlapping slope tile, and is on the ground, then rotate the Spriter object to whatever angle is required.

You'll also likely need another event or action to change the position of the spriter object relative to the player block sprite depending on if the player is standing on a slope or not... something like:

If player is NOT on a slope, then set postion to action point zero of player block sprite.

If plater IS on a slope, then set postion to action point 2 (or x=0, y=30) of player block sprite.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• I really LOVE the animation blending and the snap feature in timeline improves the work with spriter so much better now. Exellent work

• uhh... is it normal that after exporting the project, the animation wont show up neather in html5 nor node webkit?

EDIT: ok nevermind, I figured now that I have to uncheck the minify script when exporting ^^;

• excellent miu3. I will be looking into the minify thing in the coming weeks.

EDIT:

Spriter B7 Released!

Official release announcement here

• AWESOME!!! Thanks for the new update, I'll be all over this:)

• Yay! I've started using Spriter for real this month, and the improvements are really showing! Glad I paid this pre-kickstarter!

• any updates on char maps working in construct 2?

• lucid

I'm not if this is the best place to post a (possible) bug, but this seems related to the C2 plugin.

I just started importing some spriter animations in my project, and this file I'm attaching here has a problem:

Every loading procedure (drag-drop to c2, running the project, changing animation, etc) is ok, no errors at all, but the "background" image (the cat's face) doesn't appear on runtime. Its initial visibility is false.

Looking at the imported files on C2, I can see that every sprite has initial visibility set to "Invisible", but I can't understand why that particular image won't appear.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Please excuse me if I missed something in the process

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)