Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid

I finally managed. I scoured the game project files, I deleted all scon, scml backs too from the spriter project file(while leaving spriter open), I deleted spriter from the game. I then resaved the scon and scml to the spriter project folder. Then re-importer.

Fortunatly I used function calls and/or famies to set spriter objects. So I didn't need to redo all my Spriter events.

• lucid

Anyway you can add the ability to set the Spriter object to In/visible and the ability to set the opacity level.

As an example I used RevDust_1 as the back end of a bike as dust off the back of the bike. however when the bike is arial I don't need this. It would be a nice feature to set the object to invisible. as this time I'm just unpinning, moving, then re-pinning, and then again upon landing, but it's kinda not the best way to about it.

• Anyway you can add the ability to set the Spriter object to In/visible and the ability to set the opacity level.

The thing about opacity is since each sprite is individual, you will see the semi-transparent sprites underneath eachother, rather than one solid translucency like a normal Sprite object. I can definitely add it, though. After the upcoming build of Spriter is complete, I'll take a screenshot of what it looks like, and everyone just tell me if it's a feature you would ever use.

Set Visible is actually one of the new actions:

Download latest plugin here

• Added 'Set Visible' action. When invisible, the plugin will still animate the individual sprites, so collisions and position expressions continue to function correctly.
    • Fixed a bug where if a new animation was set and the scml object was moved in the same tick, it would show the first frame of the new animation at the old location for one tick before moving to the new location

and there was an additional action added in the previous version that I didn't mention when I released it:

• Added actions: Set Flipped and Set Mirrored, which function identically to their Sprite counterparts

And finally, here's a link to our latest Kickstarter update: New Spriter build coming next week and new Art Pack released!

art pack preview:

Thank you everyone for your continued support, feedback, and bug reports.

• =.=

• reimport error...

=.=

hanks for reminding me of this. This is a bug with the (re)importer. I'll let Ashley know. Also, I believe there is a workaround that Mike mentioned to me. I'll ask him about it next time I see him online.

• In case anyone missed the latest update on the previous page:

Download latest plugin here

• Added 'Set Visible' action. When invisible, the plugin will still animate the individual sprites, so collisions and position expressions continue to function correctly.
    • Fixed a bug where if a new animation was set and the scml object was moved in the same tick, it would show the first frame of the new animation at the old location for one tick before moving to the new location

and there was an additional action added in the previous version that I didn't mention when I released it:

• Added actions: Set Flipped and Set Mirrored, which function identically to their Sprite counterparts

And finally, here's a link to our latest Kickstarter update: New Spriter build coming next week and new Art Pack released!

art pack preview:

Thank you everyone for your continued support, feedback, and bug reports.

• Can we get the capx of the real time demo :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/257 ... index.html

• A bug!!!

while condition is "Mouse button is down" and set animation the animation isn't play until released the button.

• winsonzhong - Surely if you are using "while the mouse button is down" to set up an animation then it will constantly set that animation until you release the mouse and therefore can not play the animation as is is constantly restarting it ? I am not familiar with spriter - I do own it but have been putting off learning it - so this is just an educated guess.

• winsonzhong

it is not playing because while the condition is true your animation loops 60 times per second so it resets to the first frame constantly .try trigger once while true subevent.if you have only one instance it will work.if you have more than one hit me up so i can give you direction on how to solve this.

since this is something that i have encountered many times in more demanding situations than this (instances) and i see a lot of people having trouble all the time i would like to kindly request mr. lucid to implement animation tigers like the platform behavior has.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A bug!!!

while condition is "Mouse button is down" and set animation the animation isn't play until released the button.

RamPackWobble, and Roccinio are correct. You can still use the events the way you are if it's useful for some other purpose, but you should use the option 'play from current position' in the action instead of 'play from start'

• lucid It work now,thanks! and can make a tutorial about blending? It's hard to understand how to setup.

• =.=

This is a bug in the importer.

The workaround for now is that you need to make sure every instance of the scml object has the 'SCML File' set to the .scml version of the file, instead of the .scon.

You may have to manually reimport the scon in the project pane as well. Right click the file, delete, and then right click on the folder, import the file. I made it so the plugin knows to change the extension to .scon by itself, so you don't have to change it back after reimporting.

EDIT: I'm not able to cause this bug to happen even without taking the above steps anymore with the latest version of c2 and the plugin. If it still doesn't work, please send me the capx and the spriter project folder zipped, and I'll sort it out with Ashley.

• lucid

Thanks for the reply, I do have both the save options both ticked. Basically what happens is that I drag a .scml into my C2 Project, I choose my event sheet and all is good, however when I drag the .scon file into my project, and then select the event sheet, it brings up an error with regards to a missing file.... and then when I open my spriter project, the images are missing and it shows a red block with wording in its place.

I really really really wanna buy this $25 pro version, but if I cannot get it to work on cocoonjs, it seems a waste to me....

If you could do a short step by step on how to export everything, maybe make a short checklist?

I would really appreciate that from your side as I may be making an error somewhere...

Kind regards

• lucid

Thanks for the reply, I do have both the save options both ticked. Basically what happens is that I drag a .scml into my C2 Project, I choose my event sheet and all is good, however when I drag the .scon file into my project, and then select the event sheet, it brings up an error with regards to a missing file.... and then when I open my spriter project, the images are missing and it shows a red block with wording in its place.

As long as both files are saved with the same name, different extension(e.g. example.scml and example.scon), then dragging one into c2 should automatically add the other. If not (or if it's not working due to having already imported one at a time, then manually import by right clicking and importing the file into the Spriter Animations folder in the projects pane

That's it. Once you've imported both files, you should be able to see the animation play back by previewing immediately.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)