Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • andreyin

I did that, I got this non-consistent issue with the plugin reading from temp (causes the no image red box)instead of the project folder. I'm pretty much aware of updating it from the folder.

For changes that don't involve adding/changing the sprite images themselves, you can just remove the .scon and .scml files from the C2 project and reimport the latest versions. Much faster.

That is how I did it.

Edit: I think I get what my problem now, it seems working directly with dropbox folder will give this inconsistency problem. So far everything is ok after I moved my project folder to desktop instead.

• Glad you figured it out. Please let me know if you have any more issues. Thanks everyone for your patience.

• lucid, regarding the importing you may also want to check for cases where the .scml or .scon file has its name changed before being reimported, or the spriter object in C2 has its name changed. I found some very odd behavior around that: I would have expected it to either recognize the name change and update accordingly, or see itself as a new spriter object and import fresh instead of updating. Instead it seemed to get confused and ended up deleting a bunch of my events.

I understand you are busy with the program itself, just something to look at when you get time.

• I'm getting the hang of this. after a few experiment, I found out the best practice is to always work on a local project folder (ie in desktop not in A synchronizable folder ie dropbox) and work the scml/scon directly in the C2 project folder. That way, you actually updated the scml/scon REALTIME!! I don't have to drag and drop and get the event sheet in mess.

• I just bought Spriter Pro and C2 in my ongoing quest for a HTML5 Flash replacement.

One question though, and I realize that the plugin and Spriter are not finished yet, How do I synchronize sounds with a specific point in my animation in C2?

• Is it just me or the scml file I dragged into C2 is doesn't appear when RUN layout?

I made a few animations in Spriter, selected both custom save options and applied, but when I drag in the scml file in C2 (with the plug-in installed), the animations just doesn't appear on RUN layout but appears on the editor layout only. What did I missed??

• Candescence:" Yeah, remember when I said that the gun sprite was duplicated? Turns out that's a problem with Spriter itself, as the gun sprite in some animations has a different name than what it should be, causing unnecessary replication, and Spriter refuses to let me rename it correctly, instead adding a "_000" or some other number at the end."

Hi Candescence, I've updated the Essentials and full Basic Platformer pack so that all animations have guns withthe same name (hand-gun).

The fastest way is use a good text editor, load the .scml file into it, and do search and replace all, and start with hand-gun_000 and work your way up to hand-gun_012..then save it and reload it into Spriter to make sure it all worked out fine.

If you want the fixed version of the platformer pack, email me (mike@brashmonkey.com) with proof of purchase of the full, or tell me if you want the essentials and I'll email you a download link.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• Is it just me or the scml file I dragged into C2 is doesn't appear when RUN layout?

I made a few animations in Spriter, selected both custom save options and applied, but when I drag in the scml file in C2 (with the plug-in installed), the animations just doesn't appear on RUN layout but appears on the editor layout only. What did I missed??

Create a new event sheet & layout to drag the Spriter files onto, and put an include in the game layout's event sheet.

• Hi. I'm having the same problem as Jaydon. I've tried with my own animation and with the greyman example off the spriter site.

I tried following along with the youtube example here (i cant post urls yet apparently):

youtube.com/watch?v=2yLiMxoUIVs

The plugin is installed correctly and the greyman appears in Construct 2's editor mode. All the files exist in the project folders. The event sheet is set up correctly.

But when I try to preview it (tried in chrome, firefox, and node webkit), the greyman is not there.

I tried to place the greyman in the layout itself and he does not show up at all when previewed.

Any thoughts? I'm using the steam version of Construct 2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • pixel mode available yet? trying to work with tiny pixel artwork, looks blurry in spriter now, because its tiny and so blurry its impossible to work with

• Hi everyone,

I've made a new video tutorial showing best practices for importing and updating Spriter files in C2.

It can be found here:

scirra.com/tutorials/827/reimporting-or-updating-a-spriter-file-in-your-construct2-project

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• in export not show the player sprite ?

in preview mode works fine ?

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66127489/Tester/index.html

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66127489/ScmlDemo/index.html

• make sure you're not minifying the script (I'll look into this, and you may be able to minify in a future version)

• Obviosuly this is not the cause in Slice's case, but the most common cause of Spriter object animations not showing up "on export" is when people try to preview the exported html file locally from their HardDrive. You must host your exported html version on a server for it to work.

Of course this is not the case for Node-webkit export, or exports for android, IOS etc.

Cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• Thank you lucid it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)