Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Oh, and I haven't tried again since your newest build of the pre-release, found here: brashmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php

• newer version, just released...SpriterB5_95.

once exporting the scml file with the options I save the scon version(with options) one after the other without closing spriter. This still left me with problems.

After Lucid told me what the problem was, I then closed spriter and reopened it. Then the scon file, making sure to save it with the options checked. This worked for me, Seemed for some reason the scon file was not saving with the options, unless I reopened and re-saved it. Really hope this works for others.

• I just tried that, and now the .scon won't import. First of all it still calls it scml, then it says it can't find the scml.

• when you want to reimport and it can't find the scml, you need to change back the extension to scml( same place you put the initial animation). Then Import and rechange it again to scon.

lucid

I'll also add an animation and re-export today, to test with the newest release.

• is there a "on animation end" condition in spriter plugin?

if not,how can i trigger an event after an animation has finished playing?

• Roccinio - Yeah there is 'on any finished' and 'on (name) finished'.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tobye

i must have retardation(as my friend BORAT likes to say) or i am becoming blind.

in any case ,thank you!

• this is amazing! Just wanted you to know that owning a copy of Spriter got me to buy a personal license for construct 2. Maybe devs should make a bundle offer when this plugin gets more mature :P

It's been quite a trip since kickstarter. Well done guys.

Keep it up

• Roccinio - Haha, no problem! I am still having export troubles myself, which seems no-one has had trouble with.

• Will you be able to let us know when abouts you will have a working version for cocoonjs exports, eagerly awaiting this software and will only purchase the full version when I know the cocoonjs export is available. Also, really like the 2 extra videos you added to your website. Looking really good, this is something Construct 2 really needs

• BAnyBudde

You know Spriter is currently on beta sale cost. So only right now its $25. When Spriter reaches 1.0 Spriter will be be put to the what they intend to sell Spriter at. With that if there really is interest in using the software. Why wait? There are PRO features now where a liscence is needed. Development of animations now will certainly be useful than later.

lucid

Any idea when this transition will be smoothed over? Any hints on character maps?

• Will you be able to let us know when abouts you will have a working version for cocoonjs exports, eagerly awaiting this software and will only purchase the full version when I know the cocoonjs export is available. Also, really like the 2 extra videos you added to your website. Looking really good, this is something Construct 2 really needsCocoonJS export works with the latest versions of Spriter and the plugin

lucid

Any idea when this transition will be smoothed over? Any hints on character maps?Well, last I spoke to Ashley, due to both of our scheduling situations, we decided I should fully update the plugin, and then we'll fully update the c2 import process. So unfortunately, the wait will be a bit longer, but then the plugin will rapidly catch up with the full feature-set in one or two updates rather than piece by piece. I've already begun coding Character Maps in the plugin, and of the remaining features, that is the most time consuming.

Rather than missing an ETA - I will say that I had to put the plugin on the back burner for the last week or so to finish up Spriter B6 (which is available now for anyone who's not following us on KS or social media: kickstarter.com/projects/539087245/spriter/posts/687681), but now I'm back to actively working on the plugin alongside the main program.

As far as the transition. The main issue is the scml c2 importer vs the scon plugin. Ashley and I discussed the eventual possibility of changing the importer to use the new format, so the dual file situation can be fixed, and I will bring it up again when I give him the updated plugin to work with for the C2 side stuff. However, last time it was discussed, it didn't sound like a trivial change to switch it over.

Lastly, despite the delay for new features - if anyone finds any bugs or issues, or needs a small feature like a new expression or condition, don't hesitate, as I can still do smaller updates on the way to the full update with all the pro features.

• Thanks for the speedy reply.

jayderyu

A very good point :) Will probably buy it tomorrow morning then.

• lucid

Thanks that's awesome and you rock. A lot of this makes sense. Since you need work in relation to another programmer and an entirely different app. It does sound better to do them in larger batches of change rather than small increments.

You guys rock :)

• lucid,

I am currently getting a bug (this bug may have surfaced or been present in a previous version) where when I export the construct 2 project the resulting exported folders create the "Missing Image" holders in place of where my images were. Is there a work around for this or a known fix?

Thanks!

Edited to add: It works perfectly in Preview Mode in Construct 2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 6 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 6 guests)