Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi,

I'm having a problem after, I import the scml file it works beautifully but if I add a frame to a body part it "jumps" away on that new frame like the pivot point is not positioned correctly.

Is there something I can do or can this be fixed?

• Could you add some bones to the example scml? (the monster)

Also, how can I have it so that, say, the player's sword points at the mouse, and all of the other bones react as expected?

Also, if an SCML is adjusted, will it automatically be updated the next time C2 loads, or will it have to be dragged in again? If you need to drag a new scml in each time, how will that affect events? (Since each event is tied to a specific scml object when you drag it into C2, correct?)

• Hi,

I'm having a problem after, I import the scml file it works beautifully but if I add a frame to a body part it "jumps" away on that new frame like the pivot point is not positioned correctly.

Is there something I can do or can this be fixed?

yetanothersuperhero, if possible please send me the capx file, and the zipped scml project folder

Could you add some bones to the example scml? (the monster)

We'll have boned examples soon.

lso, how can I have it so that, say, the player's sword points at the mouse, and all of the other bones react as expected?

you mean in the editor, or in c2?

lso, if an SCML is adjusted, will it automatically be updated the next time C2 loads, or will it have to be dragged in again? If you need to drag a new scml in each time, how will that affect events? (Since each event is tied to a specific scml object when you drag it into C2, correct?)This is something we still have to work out. There is no way to reimport or refresh the scml yet, but it's a planned feature.

• In C2, thanks. Once all of the IK stuff is in, could I, say, point the sword towards the coordinates of the mouse, and have the rest of the bones react properly? Or have enemy wizards aim their magic wands at the player before firing? That would be really useful.

Also, do you have an estimated timeline for the release of new features?

• The plugin does look interesting but personaly id preffer if it would import all the sprite parts in its position and not centered in one spot...

What other advantage does this plugin has aside of creating customizable bodyparts? Is it better for size and performance than whole animated sprites?

Did I miss something or changing the animation poses in construct2 is not yet available?

• In C2, thanks. Once all of the IK stuff is in, could I, say, point the sword towards the coordinates of the mouse, and have the rest of the bones react properly? Or have enemy wizards aim their magic wands at the player before firing? That would be really useful.

Also, do you have an estimated timeline for the release of new features?

yes to the ik thing, and no for the release of new features, though a new version of the program will be out tomorrow, and soon I will be forwarding Ashley the info needed to make Spriter files show up in the editor properly, instead of a clump.

The plugin does look interesting but personaly id preffer if it would import all the sprite parts in its position and not centered in one spot...

What other advantage does this plugin has aside of creating customizable bodyparts? Is it better for size and performance than whole animated sprites?

Did I miss something or changing the animation poses in construct2 is not yet available?It is better in size and performance. You can create larger characters that animate more smoothly, and also take up less vram. After they're imported, you use the scml object much like the sprite object to change position,animation,playback speed, etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

Feature request. I've made my player, I've created entire colour alternatives which are in there own folders. Anyway I could just CLONE ENTITY, CHANGE FOLDER ON ENTITY.

My entity has about 10 animations, and having to go through each keyframe of each animation is incredibly tedious. Is there any way to do this easily.

• Just a note, Spriter B3 has been released, you can find it here (Download Spriter B3 from Brashmonkey) also here are the release notes(Spriter B3 Release Notes)

• lucid - Just wanted to post a bug and workaround. I'm not able to set an animation with the "on initialized" or "on created" events. However using "on created" with "Wait 0.001" seconds then setting the animation worked.

• Another bug:

I set an animation to Spawn using the workaround posted above and also set the Spawn animation to only play once. I then have an event "On animation Spawn finished" - "Set animation to Idle" and play from start. This just freezes at the last Spawn animation frame and doesn't ever get to the Idle animation.

I did some testing, and I was able to press the a key to switch to the Idle animation. It seems like the "animation finished" event doesn't fire.

• great update on the software!

I also have that 'On animation finished' issue not being triggered as UberLou mentioned

• Hi guys. I'm still listening and watching the bug reports and feature suggestions. Working on the C2 edittime display of Spriter characters, and some other enhancements, which I will forward to Ashley. Just had to get that update out of the way. Thanks for your patience.

• lucid thanks for the update! Any chance the Edit time view will include an option to preview the animations in place? May make it easier to tell if certain animations will have issues with clipping or collisions with the environment much more easily.

Thanks again for all the hard work you have put in!

• probably not bluephaze, as that would require a drastic change to c2 edittime. However, the collision box features Spriter will have soon will help out alot with that.

• lucid Sweet, thanks! I have an upcoming game where the player can actually change their form which can drastically effect there size and shape. I have been trying to find a way to check in edit time if the player can fit in all areas depending on their current form. Oh well, just have to stick to the live preview in browser to test those bits :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)