Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • hi Thanks for the kind words, and the game looks great as well. Reminds me of Super-Metroid. Are all the parts we see on the left from the bee boss?

Strange things happen when blending between animations if they don't share the same exact hierarchy (bone parent and child relationships). The easiest way to check is to load up your project in Spriter, and click on the hierarchy tab (stacked with the zorder tab on the left), and switch between animations and see if you notice anything changing location.

Hey Lucid!

Thanks for that feedback, I've been looking at the hierarchy and it doesn't actually change for, say, the shooting animation... but I do have the head sprite changing at the different keyframes to simulate the mouth opening up. I might be wrong, but that's the point when I think I've noticed those sprites showing up - and they happen to be the previous sprite that was used in the previous keyframe if that makes sense (at least as far as I can tell). any way for me to tighten that up? am I maybe going about putting those different sprites in the wrong way?

• mudmask, you can change the zorder and images freely, just not the hierarchy, so if a head sprite is the child of a neck bone it won't properly blend to an animation where the same head sprite is the child of the torso bone. Also if one animation has sprites that another animation doesn't it may have issues. If that doesn't help, and you don't mind, feel free to send me the zipped Spriter project folder to , and tell me which animations don't blend properly into eachother, and I can tell you if I see any issues.

• Hi lucid, i was wondering if there is a .capx of the example demo ?

It would be realy great to have an all in one example like this, if you dont want to hand out the cat graphics just water mark them like you did in other example .capx

• Hello . That was a created on an old dead pc, and we no longer have the project, but we will try to recreate it or something similar in the near future.

• Aww man data loss sucks

But no problem, there are plenty of other tutorials and examples from you guys that i can work with.

I just thought this demo would be a great all in one starting point.

I probably wont need the example anymore by the time you've recreated it, but I think it would be a good idea none the less for other people to get an easy start with spriter.

Cheers

• , if you or anyone else still needs or wants an example file. Mike set one up, and you can download it here.

Cheers

• That's great, thanks for the effort Mike I'm gonna check it out right now.

• i am really really looking forward to being able to have skinning and soft deformation of sprites

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid - I want to use and learn the SCML plugin but I can't understand the conditions and actions. Do you have any detailed information for each action/condition. Thanks

• lucid - thanks again for your help. I will definitely be emailing you an SCML file soon. One quick question - is there any way to apply webgl effects to spriter objects? prior to using spriter, my enemies would flash red when getting damaged using the tint effect, which was applied to all enemy families. is there a similar way to do that using spriter?

• lucid - thanks again for your help. I will definitely be emailing you an SCML file soon. One quick question - is there any way to apply webgl effects to spriter objects? prior to using spriter, my enemies would flash red when getting damaged using the tint effect, which was applied to all enemy families. is there a similar way to do that using spriter?

Seconded! I can't seem to think of a handy way to do this either without referring to the automatically created families of sprites for each spriter object... which could easily mean some quite redundant events.

• can top down sprites and their animations be done with spriter? for example - i want a spider, looking on him from above and create an animation that shows his leg moving... is that possible?

• PixelRebirth yeah that's what I was thinking. Right now I have an enemies family with just the tint effect applied to it. for enemies with multiple sprites, their parts are grouped by UID and they essentially mimic whatever the tint parameters are for whatever the main enemy object is. with spriter though, I have no idea how to make that work... I guess technically I could go and add all the spriter sprites to another family, but that's going to get huge, and I'm not totally sure how to make sure all those body parts pick up the right UIDs.

There is not currently a way to do this to an entire character, unless you can use containers to pick all of the related family members. I haven't tried this, but I don't think it's possible. I will think on this, and see if there's a way I can have the plugin pick all sprites as their family types with an action or condition.

can top down sprites and their animations be done with spriter? for example - i want a spider, looking on him from above and create an animation that shows his leg moving... is that possible?

It should be possible by just rotating the legs, and making sure you kept the upper and lower legs separate so the animator can change the width/length of each for foreshortening.

• lucid - thanks so much for considering that. an update like that would be huge.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)