Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • After the update the animation speed became extremely slow. How to explain it? Is it my fail with implementation or it is connected with new spriter importer and I should rewrite what was written before?

as istavang said, the steps are:

• in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
    • Save both an scml and a scon file
    • Drag either file into the layout in C2
    • Preview the layout

Also if I set the 3rd save option(make object names in obj_info) my animated character falls through the solid object (I set it's the position to the platform behaviour sprite) and most of functions which I has designed is not working (for example on landed and overlapping enemy head (Mario jump)) with 3rd save option doesn't work. p.s:th project is big, it is impossible to send capx. I don't know what was done with c2 or the plugin but now I can't understand why my animation is randomly working

But the main problem is that before update with a new Spriter features, I have very smooth fight system, and after I updated, there are animations which speed wasn't change and animations which speed is changed a lot(become slower). Who have suggestions what it can be?

plugin release 6/6/2014

construct r171

windows 7 64bit

spriter b8_1

pps: I used Ronei Alves method of implementation if it can be useful

• Would it be possible to send a zip of your Spriter project (scml and images and folders) to me to test (). You're saying the previous version of the plugin worked fine, and now the animations changed speed?

Also, when reimporting you will have gotten new On Initialized events, so if you had actions in there, you'd need to move them to the new event. And the first time you use the 3rd save option, your sprites will be recreated, so if you had conditions and actions on the individual body parts (not the scml object itself), those would need to be remade.

• My project is extremely big and events sometimes messy that's why it is really doesn't make sense to send capx.

But I find the cause of bug or what it can be I don't know and attach a scheme.

For example if sprite with platform behaviour is overlapping scml, it works correct (as it worked before), but if I set position of my hero (scml) to the sprite with platform behaviour (or pin, it doesn't matter) the enemy animation became very slow. There is no more events concerned with this.

Before update I had a working fight system. And now it works, but without scml near the enemy.scml. May be somebody else has this isue?

• My project is extremely big and events sometimes messy that's why it is really doesn't make sense to send capx.

But I find the cause of bug or what it can be I don't know and attach a scheme.

For example if sprite with platform behaviour is overlapping scml, it works correct (as it worked before), but if I set position of my hero (scml) to the sprite with platform behaviour (or pin, it doesn't matter) the enemy animation became very slow. There is no more events concerned with this.

Before update I had a working fight system. And now it works, but without scml near the enemy.scml. May be somebody else has this isue?

I'm afraid I can't help with just your diagram. Could you send me just the scml or scon file, without the images? This way I can run some tests? Also, if you could send a screenshot of relevant events that might help me to help you.

• I'm a little bit embarassed but you was absolutely right the problem was concerned with events. But I think the plugin has changed a logic it worked before? I solved the problem with another way of implementation, thanks for all Lucid, i'm still praying on you and the best software I have ever seen

• How can I check if an animation is playing? Should I use the condition "is current animation""" or the attribute "animationName=" for this?

• tweettopix : it doesn't make much a difference, both can work.

• Valerien Ok

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Guys who know how can I prevent current animation? For example, the situation is that the main hero was attacked by the enemy, and I play the animation "injured", and I can't do anything(for example jump, run, etc) until it was not finished. As we knows players don't like when they do not control the situation and who knows how to prevent the playing animation until it was ended?

• Bass_X

I would do something along these lines:

• lucid - Ashley - is the sound bug in C2 worked out yet? The last time I tried to drag a spriter object with sound files into my C2 project, C2 crashed when I previewed it.

• Just so you know, I have the latest scml plugin and am using the latest beta of C2

• Could you please send me the scml project (including sounds and images) that crashes?

• lucid - sorry I haven't responded, I removed the sound files and haven't had a chance to redo the attempt. I will try again and if it still messes up, I'll send the capx. Thanks.

• lucid

Really noobish question:

I have character's parts (images) in the same folder with the Spriter files (scml/scon). I want to add another skin (character map)... How can I move the current used images into a folder ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 5 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 5 guests)