Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Does this plugin support hitboxes yet? Also will there be an event that handles collision with the hitbox? For example, Hitbox>Overlapping>Object>Destroy. Something like that. You could even try overlapping with a specific part, like an arm or leg part.

• Does this plugin support hitboxes yet? Also will there be an event that handles collision with the hitbox? For example, Hitbox>Overlapping>Object>Destroy. Something like that. You could even try overlapping with a specific part, like an arm or leg part.

Hello ZenithMkII. Yes, this is another one that needs some changes to the importer. I don't have an ETA yet from Ashley, but as soon as that part is done, collision boxes will work. They will be their own 1x1 sprite objects (named after the boxes), and it will animate and resize itself, and you will just be able to use normal collision events with them. Since they are in groups it will work very intuitively.

-'headCollisionBox' - on collision with 'someOtherSprite'

----'scmlObject' - play animation 'faceHurt'

that 'someOtherSprite' could of course be another scml object's collision box sprite, and you could even theoretically make a family of 'headCollisionBox' sprites, and every scml object have an animation called 'faceHurt', etc.

• lucid - I'm having an issue where when I reorder the spriter objects on a layer, their bits get all mixed up. So for example one character's arms may be infront of another character's body while they are overlapping. I remember someone else had this issue many months ago but I don't know if they found some work around.

Do you know of any way to get around this? Or are their plans to fix it in the future?

• I will do some testing Tobye to see if I can replicate the bug. Z-ordering is a little tricky since, it's actually z-ordering all of the sprites that make up the object as well. If you'd like to speed up the process, please send me a capx to and I will take a look.

Also, a heads up to everyone who was asking about an ETA for the character maps in C2. I just spoke to Ashley, and he said he plans to have it ready for the next stable release.

• lucid - sent! I'll link to the capx here too in case anyone has some work-arounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmafwljw1cs7c ... Issue.capx

Just press around the screen and you will soon witness the ordering bug.

• glargle.... 6 weeks

• plugin changelog 4/30/14

• Fixed a bug that made sprite z-order not always update correctly.
  • lucid - Wow, great! That was super quick! Thanks a bunch.

• - lucid - I have an ongoing error where an animation plays at different speeds, even though I have it set at 1 second in Spriter.

• Keep up the great work! Didnt realize how many versions behind I was on spriter went from b6 to b8! Glad to see an auto updater now haha.

• hello,

i have some zorder problems since i update to this new version.

some sprites (standard c2 sprites) are in front of others

I put the old version (14/04) and the problems are no longer present

thx

• hello,

i have some zorder problems since i update to this new version.

some sprites (standard c2 sprites) are in front of others

I put the old version (14/04) and the problems are no longer present

thx

Please send me an example at and explain how to make the bug happen, and I can probably fix it relatively quickly.

• mail sent !

I just realized that some sprites disappear

thanks

[attachment=0:1ncrv6xk][/attachment:1ncrv6xk]

• plugin changelog 5/1/14

• Fixed an additional bug that made sprite z-order not always update correctly for animations containing action points.
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i gave my scml file the "flash" behavior.

when it is triggered the whole animation disappears for a few milliseconds and then it appears again flashing as intended.

any idea what causes this disappearance of the whole animation?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 6 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 6 guests)