Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • *EDIT* I just looked at your latest build and you did copy my fix exactly, yet there is indeed still a flipping issue. (though far less severe or common...) I could have sworn it was working perfectly after I had fixed it, and fear maybe that was with the previous build of the plug-in (the one that showed the (1) when you x flip something).

I'll keep looking into this, sadly, I cant get that error message to pop up (in chrome).. I'll try firefox and see if it pops up in there.

Did you exactly copy my fixed version as for the flame flipping? It worked perfectly on my computer. Did it not on your end?

Thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• I got the error to appear in firefox. I'll keep digging regarding both issues.

cheers,

Mike

• - Thanks Mike. I found an error in my code referencing a different version of the psi blast. I get the error less now but still, sometimes on spawning pyrokinesis or making the recharge station work, I get the IID error.

• Yes, the flipping issue seemed to disappear when you sent me the fix. It seems like after I installed the latest scml plugin that it quit working but I don't know if that was it or not.

• lucid

Hey lucid. Has there been any performance improvements to the Spriter plugin. I started a game for mobile and I wanted to start off using the the test platformer character. Just to get a basic walk animation going. With just 1 Spriter character the FPS dropped from 60 to 28. That's a heavy hit for one object. However each additional Spriter character didn't significantly worsen the FPS. I added 8 more to the scene and only dropped too 23.

My test device is a Tegra2 Acer A500 so it's running old a few years now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey PSI, I'm making some progress finding the issues... as for the IID error, it dissappears if you remove the events that destroy the Spriter object in question! This tells me its a bug in the Spriter plug when you delete either Spriter objects in general, or perhaps one that doesn't exist in frame (meaning count-0, its already been distroyed but an event tries to destroy one of these Spriter objects that don't currently exist. )

I've also fixed half of the flipping issue, in that if you use the same exact method (xmirror) instead of set scale etc to flip both Spriter objects (flame and player spriter objects), AND always flip both in the same events..IE, whenver you flip the player, immediately flip the flame in the same event, then they always flip properly at the same time!

The remaining problem is the x-coordinate of the flame is still taking one extra frame to update and catch up to the apropriate position.... I've talked to Edgar about this and we'll see if either he can get rid of the 1 frame lag or if I can some up with a decent work-around for you.

Thanks for your patience...the complexity of your project makes trouble-shooting more difficult.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• Hi gain PSI. Aside from the IID bug which hopefully Edgar can fix in the not to distant future, I did come up with a potential work-around for the remaining imperfection in the flame having a 1 frame delay behind the player in positional updating when the player flips...and that's to actually add the flame directly into the flame attack animation of the player1! This would guarantee it would always line up, and at least in this case, no need to repeatedly create and delete these objects.. The cool thing is you could still collision detect specifically with the flame sprites due to how Spriter is implimented in C2

Thats the best I can do for now. As soon as Edgar gets the new test build of Spriter out I'll remind him again to see what he can do about the IID issue.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• lucid

The condition "Action Point Exist on Frame"checking seems not working, I even the put the checking in "Every Tick" for testing, but it still wont detect the point.

Let say my character is playing animation "shooting" and in that animation I want C2 to create bullet object when it found that the animation got "shoot" point which I created in Spriter. I already rename the point to "shoot" in spriter but it wont detect it in C2.

• lucid

for some strange reason with the new plugin i lost the "on animation end"

if i double click an older condition then it appears.if i try to add a new one then it is not there. weird....

And something that is really bothering me.maybe it is answered here before but i cant find the answer.

i create all my characters 50% bigger than they appear on game just in case i want to zoom on them .so at "start of layout" "set scml object scale to 0.5".

what is the correct procedure to stop them from appearing for a millisecond huge when the layout starts or restarts? sometimes it is barely noticeable others it is just ridiculous since it lasts for some tenths of a second.

• Hi Roccinio

About on animation end..just a guess, but maybe it must be the top most condition in the event? Does it show up if you try to ad it first thing to a new and otherwise empty event?

For now, maybe have the Spriter objects start off screen, then move them to the proper location after the initial frame...I usually create a fade in effect in my levels, which would natually hide such things.. Of course if Edgar/Ashley can get the scale and position changes to update immediately in future updates they will..

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• i guess if you work for hours you make the simplest of mistakes.! you are right it cant be subevent.

thank you for the tip.will add a fade in effect but out of curiosity what is the technical reason that delays the scaling since it is the first thing that reads in the code ?

does the 'on initialized' that appears when you import a scml file has anything to do with the above? i mean what will happen if i add the scale there?

is this a one off or for every instance that is created during runtime?

• lucid

Just wanted to let you guys know how happy I am with the new Spriter and its features. If anyone wants to go Pro, I really suggest you show some love and get that Early Adopters promo. I bought it and I couldn't be happier. I have an iphone 5 , I can get 17 fairly sized spriter objects moving at 60fps on my device. Really a bargain for something that will set your games aside from the amateur builds.

• lucid

Just wanted to let you guys know how happy I am with the new Spriter and its features. If anyone wants to go Pro, I really suggest you show some love and get that Early Adopters promo. I bought it and I couldn't be happier. I have an iphone 5 , I can get 17 fairly sized spriter objects moving at 60fps on my device. Really a bargain for something that will set your games aside from the amateur builds.

Thanks so much for the endorsement and kind words, BAnyBudde.

e've got some cool options in mind for future releases of Spriter and the plug that should allow you to get even better performance on mobile devices. Stay tuned...

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• i guess if you work for hours you make the simplest of mistakes.! you are right it cant be subevent.

thank you for the tip.will add a fade in effect but out of curiosity what is the technical reason that delays the scaling since it is the first thing that reads in the code ?

does the 'on initialized' that appears when you import a scml file has anything to do with the above? i mean what will happen if i add the scale there?

is this a one off or for every instance that is created during runtime?

Edgar (Lucid) is better equipped to answer those questions. I'll point him to this thread the next time I see him online.

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• lucid

also i would like to ask what is the correct way to rotate my scml animation when going up or down a slope.

i read some posts on how to set this

if player is overlaping on offset the slope then set angle to slope.angle

but scml files don't have this since they don't have collisions by default.

one silly workaround i found is to set the "dummy" background sprite collision box to a a reversed triangle so it will have a small footprint and sort off go up a slope in an angle but sometimes it shutters .

is there any "proper" workaround to this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)