Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid i can send you the file, it seems like spriter plugin is doing a frame skip on certain parts of the animation that have very small movements

• tumira, I plan on it. No ETA on that yet. But the full featured Spriter/plugin will be able to make pretty elaborate menu systems with very few events.

joelbelo, please do:

• lucid problem solved! i turned pixel rounding off and it works fine now.

thank you!

• It depends on how you export from Spriter. You may want to downsize your images if they are large. If they are much bigger in spriter and you end up having to resize them in C2, it may be better just to export them from spriter in the size you need them.

using the plugin is better for performance in cocoon? or its better to export?

• I am not sure, for past games I have used the spriter export as png option and then just imported the frames into my animation.

• > It depends on how you export from Spriter. You may want to downsize your images if they are large. If they are much bigger in spriter and you end up having to resize them in C2, it may be better just to export them from spriter in the size you need them.

>

using the plugin is better for performance in cocoon? or its better to export?

I haven't had a chance yet to do alot of performance testing on the different c2 exports yet. Please let me know what you find. There are alot of benefits that will be lost by going with regular frame by frame animation though (export to png, instead of using plugin)

• lucid In the past there were issues with collision boxes and other bits so I had just been doing the export as png, once the new plugin is done and supports all the latest, I will be moving forward with the native spriter animations.

• Hi again, everyone. Been holding on to this waiting for more time to test, but in the interest of not taking any longer, here is the latest version of the plugin for your testing pleasure.

Please back up your current project before trying this plugin (along with your current version of the plugin) if your project is not a throwaway project for now. There is nothing wrong with the plugin, and it actually fixes a bug or two from the previous version of the plugin, but there's quite a bit of new stuff going on under the hood, so until this gets marked official with the c2 and Spriter versions to support it, take it as a test version.

This stuff is ready to go in the plugin, but will not work until C2 and Spriter are updated accordingly:

Sound Effects

Character Maps

Collision Boxes

This is the new stuff that's in there now and should already work:

Action Points (like image points in c2, but animate-able in Spriter)

Animation Blending

Easing Curves (controlled per keyframe in Spriter - instant,linear,1d quadratic,1d cubic, cubic bezier)

Download it here

• Thanks Lucid.

• lucid

Great update

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lucid

just awesome! thanks:)

• could be just me, butt he game crashes whenever Spriter is initialized more than once

• could be just me, butt he game crashes whenever Spriter is initialized more than once

Thanks, made some last minute changes before uploading. Looking into this now.

• Ok, this should fix it. Let me know if there are any other problems

Download it here

• lucid - I have an issue where when I save the animation as a different size (from the option within spriter), then import it into C2, it seems that the images get saved at their new smaller size but the locations stay the same. So you end up with a bunch of bits floating around disconnected from each other.

If their some option I've missed here? The resized animation works well in spriter, just in C2 it doesn't work right. I did notice too though that if you resize again, it will use the object locations it should have for the previous size change (or at least that's what seems to be happening).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)