Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi lucid et al.,

I am posting this here, after receiving no reply on the Brashmonkey forums.

I understand you are busy with bringing out Spriter 2, but hopefully you'll get a chance to look at his.

I have encountered an issue with the Construct2 plugin, version "1/7/2018", wherein the action "Set C2 object to Spriter object" would only work for one instance of each in a given layout.

Meaning, if you have one Spriter object with an action point, to which you want to pin a single C2 object, it works well.

But if you have multiple instances of either, no amount of 'pick' conditions will enable attaching a particular instance of a C2 object, to a particular instance of the Spriter object: C2 will attach one C2 object to the last Spriter instance and ignore the others.

As I understand it, the crux of the problem, is that plugin will search for a C2 'object type' not an instance to attach.

Our game developer came up with a workaround, which I will attach here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGWGs46s7LwRmwtRl9Ba_ZZjSu33Z17V/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

• Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into it as soon as we can and report back.

BTW, did you try using the for each loo function in Construct to help make sure it's checking through all instances of the objects?

Hi lucid et al.,

I am posting this here, after receiving no reply on the Brashmonkey forums.

I understand you are busy with bringing out Spriter 2, but hopefully you'll get a chance to look at his.

I have encountered an issue with the Construct2 plugin, version "1/7/2018", wherein the action "Set C2 object to Spriter object" would only work for one instance of each in a given layout.

Meaning, if you have one Spriter object with an action point, to which you want to pin a single C2 object, it works well.

But if you have multiple instances of either, no amount of 'pick' conditions will enable attaching a particular instance of a C2 object, to a particular instance of the Spriter object: C2 will attach one C2 object to the last Spriter instance and ignore the others.

As I understand it, the crux of the problem, is that plugin will search for a C2 'object type' not an instance to attach.

Our game developer came up with a workaround, which I will attach here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGWGs46s7LwRmwtRl9Ba_ZZjSu33Z17V/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

• Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - we (the game developer, and I, the animator) both tried various combinations of 'for' and 'for each', sometimes regarding the Spriter object, sometimes regarding the Sprite - using instance variables ("1", "2" ect') to match one to the other.

Eventually, it would seem that the action kept attaching all the Sprite instances to the the same Spriter instance.

I hope the attached file helps.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into it as soon as we can and report back.

BTW, did you try using the for each loo function in Construct to help make sure it's checking through all instances of the objects?

> Hi lucid et al.,

>

> I am posting this here, after receiving no reply on the Brashmonkey forums.

> I understand you are busy with bringing out Spriter 2, but hopefully you'll get a chance to look at his.

>

> I have encountered an issue with the Construct2 plugin, version "1/7/2018", wherein the action "Set C2 object to Spriter object" would only work for one instance of each in a given layout.

> Meaning, if you have one Spriter object with an action point, to which you want to pin a single C2 object, it works well.

> But if you have multiple instances of either, no amount of 'pick' conditions will enable attaching a particular instance of a C2 object, to a particular instance of the Spriter object: C2 will attach one C2 object to the last Spriter instance and ignore the others.

>

> As I understand it, the crux of the problem, is that plugin will search for a C2 'object type' not an instance to attach.

>

> Our game developer came up with a workaround, which I will attach here:

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGWGs46s7LwRmwtRl9Ba_ZZjSu33Z17V/view?usp=sharing

>

> Cheers,

• Do we have your permission to use the altered code?

• Do we have your permission to use the altered code?

Hi lucid,

I've asked the developer who wrote the code for permission - I'll PM you when he replies, though I don't think he'll object.

Edit:

Hi again - I couldn't find the PM option :)

Yes - feel free to use the code, and the 'Pin c2 object to Spriter object' action he also added.

Sadly, he didn't want credit for these changes.

• inkbug - excellent. Tell him I said thanks. He definitely saved me some time.

• inkbug - When you get a chance, I need any changes he made to the edittime for the new pin actions in order to make sure I don't break your project when I update the plugin, by using different id's.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • inkbug - When you get a chance, I need any changes he made to the edittime for the new pin actions in order to make sure I don't break your project when I update the plugin, by using different id's.

Hi lucid,

Here is the revised edittime.js file - I'll pass on your compliments.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JRlnZgLzPFYj7n6NvcrNQ3S83kxNSjrv

• inkbug - thanks. Though it's not letting me access the file, and it won't let me request access through Google Drive

• inkbug - thanks. Though it's not letting me access the file, and it won't let me request access through Google Drive

Hi lucid - You should now have access to the file.

If it doesn't work, try this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b2fw0-zpjh0mMdai9UzAp92BjBy6y99l?usp=sharing

• inkbug - unfortunately one of the action ids was taken by an unreleased feature, so you will have to fix any actions the "Pin C2 Object to Spriter Object" action is used. if I remember correctly, they will most likely show up as "Set Sprite Layers" and then if you back out and choose the correct action, your parameters will already be set.

New release:

• Fixed edge case issues with triggers and sounds
    • Added pin object actions
  • Thanks for the update, lucid!

Luckily, the project for which we needed this feature was slightly delayed, so hopefully we can cope with the change of IDs without too much difficulty.

• I'm a bit confused now. Should I download the plugin found in the 1st post of this topic or the one found in the c2addon database?

(I'm using the old method with single sprites instead of spritesheets.)

• TheRealDannyyy - the one form the database. Thank you. I forgot to update that link. I'll do that now.

• I use spriter R11 and the latest version of construct 2 and since i've updated spriter, it doesn't import in construct 2 at all. (My old spriter animations are still imported correctly but then if i open them with r11 and update their scml, they aren't imported anymore)

Construct 2 important the scml and scon file but not the sprites.

Someone else from the official forum got this bug too...

brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 5 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 5 guests)