Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • when can the plugin support deformation?

• lucid - I made a collision rectangle in one of my Spriter animations. When I destroy the collision rectangle on overlap, it actually seems to destroy all of my sprites and the spriter object for the character that includes it.

All the objects are imported into a container for convenience. If you remove them from the container it will make it so they don't automatically destroy other body parts, though the plugin will expect them to exist. The best thing to do would be to disable collisions and visibility, though:

It also seems that it isn't disabling collisions as I am instructing it too after it overlaps the target sprite.

This is probably because the plugin is managing visibility and collisions. I will update the plugin at some point to ask it to pause things like this.

Guys i simple try to import .. and it does impor ok.. but when i run the layou it show no animation at all.

I already saved with all the options on.. the object is on my layout.

I have all the on initialized loaded.. but nothing is displayed.

does anyone know what might be heapening?

Did you save to 'scon' and 'scml'? If so, please send me the zipped Spriter project folder and I can take a look for you, though I will be away for the weekend, so I probably won't be able to get to it until Monday.

volkiller730 Thanks! I will give that a try.

Edit: I just updated to build 10074 and now I can drag and drop again .

Glad you got it working.

when can the plugin support deformation?

No ETA on that yet, though it will definitely be after it's made into a full-feature on Spriter itself. The finished deformation feature will be alot more powerful and intuitive than the experimental version that's in the program now.

• Hi lucid,

I have an observation and a request for help or an update to the c2 plugin, if I may.

I have an animation problem and I'm not sure if a solution can be achieved. Here's the scenario: my player has a "squat" animation that runs when the down control is selected. On release of the down control, the "squat" animation blends well to the "idle" animation using the plugin controls. However, a problem arises if I try to blend to a "run" animation (the player presses the left or right button) while the "squat" - "idle" blend is playing. In that case, the plugin commands the animation to blend to a "run" animation but it disregards the animation's current bone positions - instead it resets and starts the new blend from the "squat" animation instead. Is this intentional and can it be worked around without forcing the player to wait (the admittedly short time, in this particular case) until the blend has finished?

The appearance is ugly and looks like a glitch. I'm going to have a play around and see if there's a neat way of working around this. If I cannot find a solution, can I request that the plugin adds a feature to allow new blends to start blending from the current position of the player's bones? I'll cope if there's no fix, but this is my ideal. I hope this makes sense - here's a gif of what I mean, showing a good blend between squat-idle and then an interrupted blend...

Thanks.

• For that instance I think it'd be best if you created an onFinish case for input, so the player can't run whilst transitioning from crouch.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but dynamic interpolation between the actual tweens of separate animation sounds intensive.

• Hi I would either wait for the end of the crouch, or make the crouch to stand transition an actual animation. In a future build of the plugin, this will be updated so you can blend from mid-blend.

• lucid and Elliott - thank you both for your quick responses! I understand that I was asking for the moon on a stick. So, I think I'll go for a crouch-stand animation, just in case the player wants to start running before it's finished.

This plugin and the Spriter program are awesome, by the way. I would be lost without it... Cheers.

Edit to add that it took me a whole 10 mins to change this aspect of the animations and it now works a treat. Thank you - I can only apologize for my lack of imagination....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid - thanks for the info!

• download the newest version

5/11/2015

• Fixed a bug where when switching to an animation with a different z-order from the previous animation, sprites wouldn't always immediately update their z-orders.
  • lucid seems to be broken for me with this scml and spriter 4.1, when I drag drop the file I just get a blank box.

I downloaded your example file and it worked, re-saved it with 4.1 and sure enough just a blank box.

Incidentally when the original file did work all the body parts were misaligned.

• Hi majesticAsFk,

Did you follow all these steps: http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php? ... nstruct-2/

Be sure you have ALL of the " Other File Options/Custom Save Options" turned on and that you save the Spriter file as BOTH scml and scon.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• , Thanks Mike this has fixed it.

(also sry for the double post).

• Glad it helped. No trouble at all. This could have gotten your question answered more quickly (I know how valuable time is for all of us) and the answer could help future Spriter/C2 users, so the more places this question is answered the better.

Best of luck with your project.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• lucid - - I am spawning bullet sprites from multiple image points on a sprite (spaceship) contained in a spriter object and all of them are displaced to the upper left. Any idea what the problem might be? I'm using the latest plugin, version of Spriter and version of C2 in windows 8.1 64 bit. Thank you.

• There's a few things it could, be. Maybe the action point isn't present on all frames, and it's not on the frame you're spawning it on, or it could be a bug. Could you email me a capx where I can see the incorrect spawning point?

• Yes. Sending now. Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)