Slow FPS on Nexus 10 (Intel XDK Crosswalk App)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • My Crosswalk app for Android is running VERY SLOW on the Nexus 10. On the Nexus 10 it is running about 3-6 FPS in debug. On my Nexus 6 it runs normal speed.

My set-up:

Construct 2 beta r228

Intel XDK v 3357

Cordova CLI v 5.4.1

Crosswalk Runtime v16

My app never used to have problems on the Nexus 10 until I recently updated the XDK and updated my app to new Cordova version.

If you want to see how bad it is, download on a Nexus 10 and play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Crosswalk apps on the Nexus 10?

• It's definitely Intel XDK. I built the game with Cocoon using Web view+ and Canvas+ and both ran perfectly fine on my Nexus 10.

Anyone else having issues exporting with XDK?

• Hi there.

I was testing my game today, imported using Intel XDK. On two tablets, both with Android 4.2.2 (one with 256mb RAM and another with 1gb) FPS was quite bad.

My friend tested on his two devices - Fly phone with 5.1 (512mb RAM) and Samsung tablet with 4.4 (1gb RAM) - here FPS was quite good, especially on first one.

Just for the sake of getting more info - can you please specify the RAM and Android versions? The later seems to be of importance.

PS: tried your game on my old tablet Android 4.2.2 with 256mb RAM. The game was ok - but it would freeze a bit from time to time.

• For future reference this is important if you have a game that you want to run fast on mobile devices.

• My Nexus 10 is running Android 5.1.1 with 2GB RAM. The device has no issues running games.

I recently updated the game and exported to Android using Cocoon instead of XDK. The game runs fine on the Nexus 10 now. And still runs fine on my Nexus 6.

Something aint right about the build from XDK.

• PixelPower thanks for the tips. My game follows most all guidelines in your post, and like I mentioned it has always run fine on mobile devices as a native Android app. My post is not to complain that it doesn't run slow on all devices, just only now on the Nexus 10. I think there is some relation between exporting via the XDK and running on the Nexus 10 that doesn't play well together. Not sure what it is, hence the reason for my post to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • KENYONB ,

The funny thing is that yesterday I tried Intel XDK, PhoneGap and Cocoon.io for build and Intel got the best performance. Now I am confused, and not sure what should i use for final build.

PixelPower ,

Cheers mate, i ran over the guidelines, mine meets them all as well. I will run over the code again, and see if I clean it up a bit.

• Yes if your game meets all the guidelines then you are good to go and should have no trouble. Sometimes with XDK its makes funny apks. What I do is delete the project and build from XDK , then redo it.

• that is bizarre. I tried the XDK several times and none of them performed well on the nexus 10. Cocoon has been consistent build after build since then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)