Scroll through Event Sheet

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • My suggestion is simple, allow scroll through event sheet with buttons Home, End, Page Up and Page Down.

• Ctrl + Home Go to top of sheet

Ctrl + End Go to bottom of sheet

F2 Go to next bookmark in project

Shift + F2 Go to previous bookmark in project

scirra.com/manual/64/keyboard-shortcuts

• Page up and down would be helpful, agree.

DUTOIT: those are no substitute

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay? Don't use them :)

Question: how big are your event sheets?

You know you can have multiple event sheets and can include them into a primary.

You can also place those sheets into subfolders, and those subfolders into subfolders.

I find it best as the complexity of the game grows to group smaller sections of events into folders that hold a sheet to perform a particular task. This allows me to plug that particular task into any part of the game. Basically, Object-oriented programming if you will.

When you try to fix bugs, it is easier to navigate a smaller area of code that scroll down thousands and thousands and thousands of lines of code.

• Page up and down are very common navigation "instruments" on computers, so it makes no sense for them to be disabled in the event screen, while arrow up and down are active; especially if the goal for the program is to be ergonomic.

No need to go into organizing event sheets, it has nothing to do with the topic.

• No need to go into organizing event sheets, it has nothing to do with the topic.

Just trying to offer solution for project with 1000's of events (a reason for wanting page up and down functionality)

• Page up and down makes sense as soon as the eventsheet becomes scrollable.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)