Script Minifier not working in Win10?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi! I installed the latest beta r211 and upgraded to Win10. The first time I tried to Export I got the error below but its still showing after installing the latest Java Version for 32 and 64 bit.

Any ideas how to fix this?

[quote:1dsq1zls]---------------------------

HTML5 exporter

---------------------------

Unable to run the script minifier (2). Please ensure you have Java 8+ installed. It can be installed from .

Note: you're using the 64-bit version of Construct 2. Make sure you install the 64-bit version of Java. You may have to choose a manual download since the default installation is often 32-bit, and this message will still appear if you have 32-bit Java installed.

The script has not been minified, but the exported project should still work.

OK

• did you install java? minifying doesn't work without it

• Yes, I wrote "its still showing after installing the latest Java Version for 32 and 64 bit."

• I think you might wanna uninstall both of them and install just the 64 bit (could be clashing) and do a hard restart (command line). Ijust exported a project today and it worked fine. (windows 10, C2 r211)

• It works here on Win10, I guess it's an issue with your Java installation? Are you sure you have Java 8 and not Java 7 or older?

• Its Java 8 Update 51. I will try to uninstall the 32 bit Version but this was never a Problem in the past (and I think some 32 bit apps need it?)

• I was using Java 1.8.0_25 (JDK 8u25) x64 in Windows 8.1 x64

After update to Java 1.8.0_60 (JDK 8u60) x64 in Windows 10 x64 the minimize does not work anymore!

• thats from august... download r212.2 and the minify script problem will be fixed... however dont go on r213beta wont work anymore.. and also has some audio plugin problems i fixed it by adding the plugin from r212 inside

• Hmmm, so I should go back to R212.2?

• Hmmm, so I should go back to R212.2?

if you need minify script yes... i mean its a stable version... r213 is beta.. problems can occur

and r213 is more for windows 10 exporting stuff.. so i dont need any of those.. but if u want audio plugin to work... id suggest stay on r212 ... in r213 audio plugin has an error ... happening on firefox and chrome and also the minify script seems to have problems on wind7 and 8 ... unless u have windows 10 installed and all javascript updated and all those things

• You go to the latest update, it did fix some bugs, it hasn't official should you consider carefully when updating.

thanks

• It doesn't work on Win7 for me, same error, although i have Java 8 both 64 and 32, latest build. r212.2 works fine, 213 doesnt work, but exports the project, The problem is the project doesnt work even if exported with 213!

• Script minification hasn't been working for me for a long, long time. I made a thread a while back and the consensus was that only a really old version of java works with C2.

Had this problem on Win7, 8, and 8.1. Haven't tried exporting with Win10 yet. Don't think that's the problem.

• currently i only have Java 8 update 45 and java 8 update 45 (64 bit) installed and three different JDK (7 update 21-64 bit, 7 update 55 and 8 update 35 64bit).

Now this is the configuration where all tools i need for java development AND construct2 minifier work. Maybe it helps someone but for me the problem seemed to appear more randomly then anything else. first had the problem when i didnt change anything and only in some projects, then it didnt work for anything then it did work again for everything (all without changing anything except construct updates but the behaviour didnt always change with construct update) and then i had to install newer java version for university and minifier completely stopped working. deinstalled everything and reinstalled the things from start of this post and since then everything works, but i cant tell what exactly the failure was or is and just hope everything stays like this

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Had the same problem with 213, would not minify, then when I exported a game update to the scirra arcade, it only worked in Edge, I had Java 8 update 60, win 10 64bit, I had to revert back to 212.2, to get it all working again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)