Save variables to a file

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hello everyone,

How can I save my webstorage local keys to a file and load it on another computer?

It's for an application I'm making and it must be able to load the profiles on a different computer.

I can't find anything, can anyone help?

Thank you.

• This is a browser based technology and browser file.io is not standard. So at this time is not supported. There are 2 things you can do.

1. There is a 3rd party plugin(ie not Scirra) that does what you want, but only if your using NodeWebkit.

2. When you "export" have a TextBox/TextArea, and do TextArea.setText(webstorage.asJSON). This will give you the string version of the same profile. I know it's not as nice as moving a file, but that's yoru option.

3. Yep, there is a 3rd. Is to store the profile online an share by somekind of custom key.

• The official node webkit object can write files.

• That's the problem, I'm using Rex video plugin and it only works with Mozilla Firefox (Exported html5 with WebGL off) there is no other way my export works, I tested everything.

So how can I do that using html5?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • let's say I use an ftp self hosted server to use it on, or dropbox.

would it be possible then?

• I'd love to have it locally so I can copy it on a usb stick with all the variables.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)