[request] specific "save and load" feature

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • I already posted a similar request in the expansion section, but on thinking, I guess that what I suggest might be an official feature of the Construct 2. This would be even more consistent.

So what I suggest is to add a feature "save and load" in addition to the existing one for saving entire game, but for specific objects : arrays, variables, and if possible, objects

Why do I think this is useful?

When I see the number of subjects about the storage in the "How do I?..." section (mine included), and aware of the tedious aspect of the set up of a saving system with "localstorage" function, the utility of adding a simple and efficient function seems significant.

I must say I am surprised that such a function does not exist in the software. All actions are facilitated, ergonomics is really good... it gives me the impression that saving system management has been assigned to a third party developer. There is no mockery or animosity in what I say. I'm really stumped, especially knowing that a system of "save and load" already exists for the entire game.

I do not want the LocalStorage be removed, since it allows the user to manage backup system point by point. I just suggest that the user can avoid this process if desired.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You realize that the system save and load (saves the entire game) is asynchronous, just like the Local Storage plugin? So what you're asking for is a plugin just like the Local Storage plugin... :p

If you really don't like the Local Storage plugin that much then you can right click on the insert object window and select deprecated plugins - the Web Storage plugin is synchronous and easier to use, but one day it may not be usable in browser...

• I do not understand why you give me that answer. I know the localStorage:

and aware of the tedious aspect of the set up of a saving system with "localstorage" function

In my post, there is talk of adding a friendly-user feature.

English is not my native language, I may have misspoken. One thing is certain, I am not suggesting something that already exists.

• norab, it's just my humor - if you right click on the add object window and select deprecated then you can add web storage. It's easier to use...

• Thank you for the tip, but I already know webstorage

I prefer not to use deprecated features, to avoid being like an idiot the day when they are no longer accessible.

Anyway, the WebStorage is tedious to use, even if it is less than the localStorage.

I am sure that even "experts" in the use of localStorage would almost only use the feature I suggest if it existed

• Most objects have an AsJSON expression and "Set from JSON" action.

• Comme ça?

je passe beaucoup de temps à écrire un texte en anglais pour expliquer en quoi ma suggestion est susceptible d'améliorer considérablement le logiciel, et tout ce que j'obtiens en guise de réponse, c'est une ligne extraite d'un tuto de la part d'un des développeurs.

Donc autant que j’arrête de me prendre la tête.

Votre système de loclastorage, il est tout, sauf intuitif.

Il ne faut pas moins de quatre events différents et plus d'actions juste pour sauver une variable et la charger, alors qu'il en suffit de deux pour sauver le jeu entier et le charger. Il n'y a rien qui vous titille l'esprit quand vous pensez à ça?

Ce que je demande ici, ce n'est pas de la 3D ou un "built-in mobile exporter", mais une fonction qui éviterait à l'utilisateur novice de se prendre la tête. Et avec les notions très basiques que j'ai acquises en programmation, je sais que ce ne serait pas une chose dure ou longue à réaliser.

J'étais enthousiaste à l'idée de participer... merci de me faire comprendre que cela vous laisse indifférent.

• Might want to put english translation at the bottom. The admins enforce english being the main language of communication.

translate.google.com could help...some

• norab: Tu demandes à réinventer la roue alors que tout est déjà là de base. Tu ne devrais pas t'étonner d'obtenir un renvoi vers l'implémentation actuelle des outils.

Tu parles de "faire des efforts" et au bout de trois posts tu te mets à poster sur le forum dans une langue qui n'est pas la langue officielle du forum. Ca ne passe pas non plus et ça n'abonde certainement pas dans ton sens.

Le local storage est un poil plus compliqué de par sa nature asynchrone. Et pourtant, c'est la même logique que l'outil AJAX si tu regarde bien.

Au moins il permet au développeur un peu débrouillard de sauvegarder ce qu'il souhaite de son projet, comme il le souhaite.

Et difficile aussi de plus simplifier le système asynchrone qu'il ne l'est actuellement.

Mais il est fait de tel sorte qu'il peut s'adapter à n'importe quel système/jeu au final.

Toutes les suggestions ne peuvent pas être implémentées et toutes n'améliorent pas le logiciel au final.

Et oui, ça demande des efforts, c'est sûr. Mais bon, c'est ça aussi la programmation.

A bon entendeur...

Please, stick to English.

Please, do use and learn to use the available tools before making requests.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)