[request] Particle initial angle random

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • Hi everyone,

I'm posting a request here because this parameter would greatly improve the flexibility of the particle object:

Initial angle (random value from 0 to user input value) - random angle variation is necessary for many systems to look believable (smoke, fire, water fountain...).

Cheers,

Nathan

• It's been requested before and I believe the reason for not being integrated is that rotating particles have very poor performance. The recommended alternative has been to just spawn sprites and rotate them through events.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the answer. I did a forum research before posting but didn't see that. I'll probably go for some animated sprite with shader magic then.

• I understand that particles that are rotating may cause issues, but I thought having the sprite come out and be set to a random angle would be okay.

I look forward to having multiple frames to choose from, or even an animation. I'd rather not use multiple particle systems all the time.

• In fact, having the ability to use hand-made animations or pick a sprite from a spritesheet would be even more flexible than particle rotation, and practically erase the need for it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)