Question about paid request

0 favourites
  • Why not create it in Construct Classic..? (Although i have never used it myself)

• I hear is bad with big projects.

I have a question for the developers of C2. If I started my game before the EXE exporter. Would it still be compatible once the EXE project is out?

• In reading the article Kyatric posted, I think they would say yes. C2 is built as a modular program, so any future modules, plug-ins, behaviors, etc must be geared to run projects built with previous versions of C2.

• In reading the article Kyatric posted, I think they would say yes. C2 is built as a modular program, so any future modules, plug-ins, behaviors, etc must be geared to run projects built with previous versions of C2.

That sounds great then... Thank you for yer time and help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey guys!

first post! want to say HI!

I had looked into embedding a browser component into a windows executable and have it function as a general construct html5 "launcher" but as someone mentioned above, the dll's are usually outdated. The dll included in my development language wouldn't allow for keyboard input with HTML5 so I gave up on the idea. There is also the possibility of embedding firefox but the component is not distributed with the firefox installer so the user would have to install this separately, which is not so convenient.

A binary exporter would be great, especially one that exported to iOS and Android.

• One quick solution : use awesomium.com

I used that for a quick C++ project. In fact, it helps you to have a Webkit browser object embedded in your application. With that, you can set your code to load the index file of your game. You can even bundle everything in a single binary with another tool (something like UPX) if you want to have everything in jus one place...

• I second awesomium. It is fast, moderately lightweight (adds about 10-15mb but better than installing a browser), and you can pack your game into a single binary (using something like what Pode mentioned) or Cameyo.

The other cool thing about awesomium is you can create Mac, Linux, and Windows binaries just by wrapping with a separate SDK.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)