Pool Money to fork out CocoonJS Plugin ?

• Actually, Scirra is looking a new part of team in the office, UK. (New Programmer)

• Sorry , i couldn't follow up for few days, I really got busy with releasing my game , so any Javascript programmers to take this task for $750.00 (So far) , if not i will try to find someone from oDesk or eLance.

Also i have PM'ed few developers that have created plugins for C2, bu no takers so far.

• Seriosly, for 750, no takers :|

I might consider it once i'm not my Ouya project if no one else has and the "official" plugin is still not updated.

• The built-in object should already do ads and IAP, but like the OP says there's a documentation problem that we're working on. That's just docs, not code. We should be adding GameCenter support officially soon as well.

• $750 that's a chunk of change.

• Ashley, how about putting out a tutorial page or sharing a capx that demos the working of the CocoonJS plugin in Construct2 for ads and in-app purchases?

• I have got both working and will try to get tutorial done soon. I have outline the things I did in another thread IAP Checklist

The main thing is you need to have a Premium CocoonJS account (request it from ludei) and the latest C2 Beta Build r123.2.

You'll need to configure the ad's like Ludeis says in documentation using MoPub (very awful website, from a UX point of view).

• Ashley finally seems to be fixing cocoonJS related things lie IAP in the latest build, but still lacks a lot of features like GameCenter , Push Notifications , keyboard, social integration and documentation which Ludei has already exposed I would still think a fork is necessary to speed up things and not play the wait game , i would like to hear the comments from others , so that i can proceed finding someone who can write the plugin ?

• We're still planning to officially add these features. Please be patient, we're a small team with a huge amount to do.

• We're still planning to officially add these features. Please be patient, we're a small team with a huge amount to do.

This is why others want to contribute. There is just a group that's offering a reward for someone to do it.

It seems even with Steam sales, it hasn't increased enough to support more programmers at Scirra. Maybe Scirra should look at more alternatives to support C2 that include monetization options. It really seems that Scirra needs more coders with the growth that's been happening.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • $750 that's a chunk of change.

7.5 hrs $100/hr - what's being asked for is not something you could knock out in that time.

• jayderyu:

It seems even with Steam sales, it hasn't increased enough to support more programmers at Scirra.

You're wrong, Scirra has issued an advice that they were looking to hire but haven't yet found a valid programmer to fill in the post.

If you want to help out, share the link to people that might suit.

• Hey fantastic. Sorry I don't browse the website that isn't the forum, tutorials or manual :P

Good look on your searching endevours. I would love to circulate this, but I don't know anyone who lives in London that isn't my uncle... who doesn't know computers very well anyways.

• Even after more than a year , It's unfortunate C2 is only supporting IAP officially through their plugin. I really don't understand the politics between Ludei (CocoonJs) and C2 (Ashley & team) , neither of them don't want to provide a easy means for C2 developers to implement the features like (pushnotfications, facebook, gamecenter ) that are absolutely needed for any type of game , if your intention is to make some kind of money. At this point, Scirra is clearly sending a signal that use C2 for Fun but don't use if you are in serious business of trying to make some money and it's very unfortunate.

• I think that with the imminent release of iOS everyone will start using Phonegap, as it's truly opensource with no mandatory startupscreens and memory problems

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)