Object Go Missing During Runtime

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi Guys,

I can't seem to figure out why my object keep going missing during runtime.

In my sample below, my Player object will just disappear after a short while. No other objects or events are triggering it.

If I were to guess, the cause might be how I "loop" the ground image but still doesn't make sense.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/200443531/endless_runner.capx

• Hello flipbox,

I just noticed it does not go missing. It just jumps to further right, out of screen. Will check code to see why.

Edit:

I think I know what happens. When you replace the ground with the new ground that should follow it, if the player is touching the ground, he also jumps to front with it. So it means platform behaviour moves the player along with the platform. Observe that if you jump, player does not move along with the platform. To solve, I suggest making two platforms in the same manner, and never move the platform that the player is standing to front. Instead, move the platform that has passed under the player to front. I hope I could describe it :)

Regards.

• Hi Windwalker,

I'm still a bit confused. Could you make an example?

Thanks in advance :)

• Your ground object is a bullet, and your player object is on top of it. Your ground object is moving to left with X speed and your player object is moving to right in X speed, so it feels like player is stationary.

But when your ground object reaches it's limit, you take it, and put it to the end (right) of itself. When you do this, if your player is touching the ground, it also takes the player to further right, along with itself. I don't even have dropboxaccount so it will be hard for me to send you back the capx. But as far as I know, there is a "wrap" behaviour you can use for the same effect. Suggest you take a look at it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Got it. Will check it out :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)