NW.js v0.12.0 alpha 3 (Chromium 41) 13th Feb, Discussion

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • I tried it couple of times more on bigger levels, and its smooth as never before. Not even single jag at start of the layout. Will keep you posted though.

• 10.5 works fine, so the question is, why update?

• 10.5 works fine, so the question is, why update?

I recall seeing some people complaining about some bugs with the 10.5 build (I think it was related to form controls but I am not sure), for them, updating was sort of necessary, also, 64 bit support (but losing XP support I think).

But I agree with you completely that if it does not bring anything worth it, staying at the same version is fine for now.

• I checked the performance of 0.12.0-alpha3 before release and it was perfectly smooth here - hardly a jank visible.

Staying on old versions is not really a viable long-term strategy, since you will not get any of the new features or other performance improvements of future Chromium updates.

• Perfect!

• When one of the newer versions runs my game better than 10.5, I'll definitely switch to it.

• I'm getting this problem from the Steam forum using Node Webkit 10.5

The game wont start. [Mac OS X 10.10.2] (the loading bar turns red, unlike on other Max OSX versions where it launches ok)

Seems like it's the very last version of Mac OSX. Do you guys are aware of this?

I might switch to NW.js v0.12.0 alpha 3 only for this reason if it fixes this problem, but I would have to add a timer on start as I get the initial 10sec janks after the loading.

• So, if we use node-webkit as the preview browser, does it now access the NWjsForC2 installation instead of the old NodeWebkitForC2 folder?

• So, if we use node-webkit as the preview browser, does it now access the NWjsForC2 installation instead of the old NodeWebkitForC2 folder?

Correct. I just keep two folders for node. When I want Construct to use a specific one I just add "_" to the beginning of the folder name to disable it.

use old node :

NodeWebkitForC2

_NWjsForC2

use new node :

_NodeWebkitForC2

NWjsForC2

• Aurel - are you using the latest C2 beta? We fixed an issue with Mac NW.js exports since the last stable.

• Does the new node fix the issue with missing libudev.so.0 on linux distributions causing games not to run?

• Thanks - that seems like a simple approach.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Aurel - I can confirm you're safe to use the latest beta. I've been using it for a couple weeks and no complaints from customers.

• Does TTS work from Construct 2? In the past it did not work because they made the TTS part a separate plugin in nw.js.

• Just tested NW.js 12.0-alpha3 with r197 :

For me, the jank is there in the first 10-15 seconds and very subtlety here and there, BUT only during NW.js preview.

On an actual export... ALL jank is gone. Not sure why this is, but I'll take what I can get.

**EDIT**

Freshly installed both r197 and NW.js alpha3 - All is good and jank/jitter free on previews and exports for PC.

So far so good

Win 7

3.3 GHz Xeon

32 GB Ram

GTX 650 Ti

C2 - r197

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)