Now Constuct 2 doesn't run on Firefox AND IE [local storage]

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • WHY....WHY !!!!!!!

• If this kind of thing upsets you, consider sticking to stable releases. The whole purpose of beta releases is to work out these kinds of issues.

• If you opt-in to using a beta release some bugs are to be expected; if you wish to avoid that risk you should use stable releases, that's what they're for.

The fact that the changelog shows that a bug was fixed does not guarantee you will not encounter a similar bug or perhaps even the same bug if different circumstances.

It's not "blaming users for being frustrated", it's explaining a simple reality of software development. If you choose to use a beta product you may experience bugs; it's understandable that this can sometimes be frustrating, but it isn't really valid to be as angry as you seem to be with the developers -- you have the option of sticking to stable releases to have a much better chance of avoiding problems, and if you encounter serious problems in a stable release then some level of anger may be more understandable.

Given you opted in to beta releases and have experienced this error, have you submitted a high-quality bug report to help the developers solve the problem for you?

• Agree, I guess I am too worked up.

Sorry.

• I can confirm that the bug reported in the changelog has indeed been fixed.

In r203, adding Local Storage to a project (even a blank one) and previewing it used to display this error on start in FireFox.

In r204 it's not the case anymore, so it sounds like you've encountered a new bug with this new (Local Storage), in beta, feature.

As jbadams noted if you can provide a simple capx and clear steps to reproduce the error (following the bug report guidelines), Ashley will likely be looking into fixing it.

• Step 1:

Add Local Storage.

Step 2:

Run.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce...

What OS ? What browser version ? What Construct 2 release ?

• I can't reproduce it as the moment as I have uninstalled the latest version and reverted as Ashley suggested to continue the project, will make the cap file if I ever decided to install this crippled version again for some unknown reason.

• That's exactly what betas are for!

• Thank you Ashley !

r204.2 fixed it !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)