New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • On it, just have to get my Android working again.

Maybe i'll try with iOS first.

• I haven't actually tested it on iOS. That was never a problem in a the past, so hopefully that isn't broken .

• I was thinking of Play Games on iOS. I thought that should be compatible, as Play suppots iOS as well.

Believe its not getting the Google Play Services plugin right, but i can't really identify where it comes from.

I added it in the dev portal, maybe cause they assume im on Android?

Will check again with Android later

• Thanks

If you follow my thread on GitHub you can see that Andreas says the demo works fine for him, but his own app doesn't. I'm flushing my C2, reinstalling and then reinstalling the new version of the plugin to just see if there was issues somewhere.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, I got the demo working. Now to my own game.

• Very exciting!!! ArcadEd

• Ok, I got the demo working. Now to my own game.

is working on r168?

thank you

• So I didn't notice this section of the plugin. I had it set to none. DUH!

I'm about to test it.

• I can confirm it's working. Just need to figure out how it all works now, but it does appear to be working in 168.

• Great news ArcadEd! Brilliant.

• Great stuff. Glad to see its working now with the extra social features.

But this is the biggest negative about CJS: http://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidGaming/c ... ay_anyway/

This thread with its amount of up votes should tell you how much of an issue it actually is and for many gamers, ridiculous permissions are a big cause for concern.

• I don't really have an issue with it. A few of my CJS games have over 50,000 installs and I have never had one complaint about the permissions. Maybe they just don't install it so they can't review?

I just installed my app and here are the permissions.

Read Phone Status and Identity

Approximate Location (this is for location based ads)

Modify or delete contents on your usb storage

Find accounts on the device (google play services)

Full Network access (ads)

View Network Connections

Prevent Tablet From Sleeping.

None of those seem over the top to me.

• I don't really have an issue with it. A few of my CJS games have over 50,000 installs and I have never had one complaint about the permissions. Maybe they just don't install it so they can't review?

I just installed my app and here are the permissions.

Read Phone Status and Identity

Approximate Location (this is for location based ads)

Modify or delete contents on your usb storage

Find accounts on the device (google play services)

Full Network access (ads)

View Network Connections

Prevent Tablet From Sleeping.

None of those seem over the top to me.

Your first point is exactly that, they WONT install it at all if they see ridiculous permissions.

These are what the permissions can do, not that you do it, but these permissions allow malicious apps to do funky stuff.

* Modify or delete contents on usb storage = full file access including root access. This is a dangerous permission and gets a warning from newer Android versions.

* Location = tracking, also a dangerous permission as malicious apps will know where you are. This permission alone means your app can never be set for "Everyone" and has to have at least "low maturity" flag. It's not suitable for kids if there are parents who use apps or google rating guidelines to block installs.

* Read phone status and ID = access to full history of web usage, calls, msg. Completely insane to have on games that have no right to go there.

* Find accounts = access to your contacts list.

Also, a Reddit thread on the AndroidGaming sub with that many upvotes I will take that very seriously. Generally a popular topic with agreement tend to have around 20-60 positive votes. This one has over 350, to put it in perspective.

I've seen apps with ridiculous permissions when its not required get accused of being an NSA backdoor... no quicker way to crash and burn with your app than have that associated with it.

My Intel XDK game has 1 permission, Network. It doesn't need Modify or delete contents permission, doesn't need Storage permission to read contents off the phone and usb. Webstorage saving DOES NOT need that permission to function.

• I see, thanks for clarifying.

Wouldn't you need the find accounts permission to use google play services? Right now when I launch an app with it, the app asks me which account I want to log in with since I have multiple on my phone?

Is there a list of what permissions, if any, are required for google game services?

• I've played other games with leaderboards that did not require any permissions outside of Network access (for Ads and communication with Google).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)