Multiplayer problems in Firefox

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello!

Have anyone else noticed you can't connect to a host anymore with the new Firefox update? I tried using the multiplayer examples and hosting works fine, but when I try to connect to the host from Firefox I get kicked every time. It worked fine just a week or two ago and Chrome still works fine as well.

Anyone else with the same problems and know if it's a Firefox issue?

• YES! I've seen the same problem!

It works fine in CHROME. But now, in FIREFOX, it can't connect to HOST.

(Firefox can act as the host, and even allow Chrome peers to connect to it. But... if FIREFOX is a client, it cannot see the host anymore)

I thought I was going crazy, but I'm glad to see someone else has observed the exact same thing!

• (Sorry to necropost; I was going to post this very question.)

I'm having the same issue in testing my multiplayer game. Latest Chrome connects to host and sends messages between hosts and peers consistently. Firefox will connect to host, but not send certain messages. Internet Explorer (Windows 7) doesn't connect to host at all.

Before filing a bug report I thought I'd ask if anyone here has any clues?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • brushfe

(Sorry to necropost; I was going to post this very question.)

I'm having the same issue in testing my multiplayer game. Latest Chrome connects to host and sends messages between hosts and peers consistently. Firefox will connect to host, but not send certain messages. Internet Explorer (Windows 7) doesn't connect to host at all.

Before filing a bug report I thought I'd ask if anyone here has any clues?

I just tested the built-in multiplayer example (ghost shooter) by first logging in via NW.js (Host) then via FireFox (as Peer) and it worked fine.

Can you provide a very minimal example that we can all test?

• We fixed some bugs for Firefox multiplayer compatibility in the latest releases. Check you're using r216 or newer.

• Thanks Ashley and zenox98 for your replies.

It's a problem with a rather large project I'm creating, but I'll see if i can pinpoint the issue and put together a smaller, proper example for Firefox and IE.

Back soon

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)