Mobile: Touch failing over 50% CPU usage.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • The blue sprite will fail to follow your finger if touch is failing. Move the finger across the screen to see the blue dot follow.

object count I can add, but it's not important, I'm only trying to detect if touch is failing or not.

• The blue sprite will fail to follow your finger if touch is failing. Move the finger across the screen to see the blue dot follow.

object count I can add, but it's not important, I'm only trying to detect if touch is failing or not.

I think your case is different from mine.

In my case (in my game) when I touch sometimes the touch is not detected but if I drag your finger at that time, then the touch is detected.

So if your example is to drag your finger, I see no fault there.

But if there is failure if you just touch the screen every time without dragging your finger.

You will notice that the blue dot sometimes does not respond to touch, here is the strange.

• tunepunk

I mean this:

https://youtu.be/F-dwmPngUlw

Notice how the blue dot sometimes unresponsive.

Ashley

It could take a look at this?

You could try this in any of their devices?

This also happens in my game, as I said before.

• I see what you mean. It's a different problem. Does it happen or less in some situation? I never noticed this. My problem seem to be a windows phone bug, maybe your is related to your phone also. Did you google if anyone else with this phone have same problem. I don't think it's a C2 issue.

• I see what you mean. It's a different problem. Does it happen or less in some situation? I never noticed this. My problem seem to be a windows phone bug, maybe your is related to your phone also. Did you google if anyone else with this phone have same problem. I don't think it's a C2 issue.

But emulators work properly.

Your have you tried that ?, you worked ?.

• i tried your test also but the blue dot never miss. Always moved to where i touched. I can't replicare it.

• I tried the test on a HTC with Android 5 right now, it seems that never fails.

Problem of Android 6?

Problem with my phone?

Anyone with galaxy 6S and android 6 can try?

Edit:

Possibly if you have enabled certain options of "Developer options" in Android, that could cause failures.

• Hey how are you building your game for Windows tunepunk? Are you using Visual Studio or Intel XDK?

I started testing in Windows Phone today and surprise! I'm having problems with touch like you are. Not exactly like you describe but still, touch craps out. I tried building with VS and XDK and my game breaks with both methods

• Hey how are you building your game for Windows tunepunk? Are you using Visual Studio or Intel XDK?

I started testing in Windows Phone today and surprise! I'm having problems with touch like you are. Not exactly like you describe but still, touch craps out. I tried building with VS and XDK and my game breaks with both methods

Android has an option called "Developer options."

In one of these options you can make a chart that appears on the screen when android it detects a touch.

You can check if windows phone has a similar option.

In my case, sometimes (I do not know the reason), with this test, android does not detect the touch and the graph not appear.

However, when I write a message and repeatedly striking the screen, never fails and always the graph is displayed.

• Artpunk yea, it seems to be a windows phone issue. It happens when I preview in edge, and after building with both XDK and Visual studio. Even XDK's own demos in app preview has this issue, so I hope more people report it to microsoft.

• Ok. Yes I am getting the same thing. And your observation that locking / unlocking the screen forces touch to start working is the same for me too.

Overall though, I get much better performance building a Windows UAP with XDK than with Visual Studio.

With XDK I get better fps, less problems with music and fixes problem of my game not being centered.

My game just seems to be broken in every direction with Visual Studio.

Ok Ill go report this bug with Microsoft as well. Where did you submit a report tunepunk? The Microsoft Dev website? (https://developer.microsoft.com)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i've noticed on changewindows.org that they did some neat updates to windows mobile, which should be released now with windows 10 anniversary on 2nd august.

there was a lot of battery drain and what not..

• Artpunk i don't remember exactly what page, it wasn't the regular dev pages, it was on some special page regarding windows phone. Any bug report is good though, so if you find another place to report it should be good too.

Yeah hopefully it will be fixed soon. I guess quite a lot of apps are affected by this issue.

• UPDATE: Bug has been confirmed by Microsoft and has been assigned to someone to look at it. If anyone else want to follow or report to the same issue you can do it here.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/8075745/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)