Issues with button placement

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • Hi everyone,

I want to create a small menu bar on the left, with a few buttons. The buttons at the start of the level is determined by what power the player chooses, which is why I can't pin the button to the menu bar as they will be different. I am designing this to be used in scale outer mode.

I anchor the menu bar to the left, than created a few image points on the menu bar for where I want the button to be. I use:

On variable()

create object ()

set position to image point ()

So here is what I found.

It works fine in scale outer, but when I test it in the standard letterbox. It constantly creates that object. But if I place a "trigger once" event with it, it doesn't work anymore in both modes, both buttons do not appear. I tried a "on start of layout" event with it, and this time it only worked in the letterbox mode and not the outer scale mode.

For both cases, I checked the debugger and noticed that in the scenarios where the buttons don't appear, there aren't any instances of it during the game.

Since I am ultimately planning to use Scale Outer mode, I guess I have already found a way to get it done, but I am curious as to why the different results even if the events are the same?

Or is the method I am using wrong, and there is a more effective way to get the desired effect.

Thanks guys!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)