Is this project viable with C2?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi!

I have the opportunity of developing an app (not a game!) for a possible client and I have some doubt about if I can do certaing things with Construct 2 or not on a mobile platform.

Basically, the client is a graphologist, and he wants an app to visualize signatures and tweak the image, things like "basic photoshop stuff" that actually are quite easy to do with C2 filters (Exposure, contrast and that kind of stuff)

I don't have the specific requirements yet, but I have a lot of doubts about basic stuff that kind of app would need:

-Can I access the camera on mobile with the user media plugin? Is possible to save pictures taken with the app on the device?

-Can I access the photo gallery of the phone in order to use stored pictures? Does the FileChooser plugin work on mobile?

What exporter would be more appropiate for this? I have some experience with C2 already, and a published game on Google Play (I used CocoonJS), but I didn't do much with Construct since then (Almost a year ago, September or October 2014, I think) and Im not up to date with progress on the different options (Although I didn't use it yet im in the new Cocoon Beta, so I have that option too)

Thanks!

(EDIT: Im not sure yet, but the project would probably be for android)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Its doable, but it's not going to be real easy.

Somethings can be done via events, others will need jscript.

• Thanks for your answer!

• Use cordova which can access native api to mobiles. you should find cranberry cordova plugins

• Thanks for your answer! I was going to give it a try, but there actually was a misunderstanding with the client, with "app" he meant a Pc program, so I'll use node webkit and things should go smoother from now on

I still have some questions, but I'll probably start a new thread for them...Thanks, guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)