I've seen the comments about C2 and CocoonJS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Blacksmith

"As the only viable option for mobile exports (at the moment), we are left waiting around for Ludei updates and fixes!"

and now try to visualise similar situation on i.e. Unity

= not possible

and that's main difference between professional approach and education tool/toy

• Why are we talking about Unity3d here? is still off-topic...

However, If you are looking to get Unity3D to develop 3d games with knowledge of Construct 2, there a solution tool for you:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/110664-Brain-Builder-Make-games-without-writing-code

• szymek

I really enjoy developing in C2, and would like to stick with it if possible! I just hope things improve soon, or we may be forced to look for alternatives.

However, as Joannesalfa mentioned, that's a little off topic for this thread!

:)

• Blacksmith

I love Construct 2 but I'm not 12 years old, and there are bills to pay, and food to buy, so just like you - I want to get working apps, with good monetization methods (if released free). Nothing more, nothing less :)

Joannesalfa

thanks for link ( more info here boldai.com/manual )

• szymek,

I strongly believe that C2 has the power to produce the types of games you are talking about!

However, to achieve this, it needs the right support from others, like Ludei (which is currently lacking)! I just hope that support is improved soon!

• vee41 ,

Yeah I just got my information from their sales page. I do not follow the unity development too closely.

From what I understand you need to pay them or your projects must display their watermark.

Back on topic.

Why don't we get together as a community formed team, and start a Kickstarter?

It seems to me that the community knows what they need. We could put together a list of features we want to see, and hire some competent programmers.

Rather than waiting around for some hobbyist to add features that THEY think is important or cool. We can have the features we need for our professional projects on the plugin's release day.

I know I am over simplifying things, but in this day and age of crowed funding the consumers have the power to create anything they want with the right management.

Who knows... Maybe Ludo can do some crowed funding so they can get some competent help to bring the consumer what they need? I in no way think we need to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

• The big pb for me with C2, even if i like that software, is not cocoon or another one, but it's that we have to use third party programs like cocoon or others to reach mobiles on ios and android, and so the experience, the support and the technology are not unified : if you don't have a pb with C2, you can have it with Cocoon, or the opposite, etc... Ludei send you to Scirra, Scirra send you to Ludei, Scirra update, but not Ludei, well, it's not very helpfull, and for example, some things very important like the "layout by layout loading" are lost in the middle.

They are alternative (Ejecta on IOS for example), but it's the community who "add" it, the team seems not really interesting in giving the users alternatives, and seems sometimes stuck with some other companies, like Ludei, i don't know why.

So I think that what is really missing to C2, to get rid of all that, for people who want to reach mobiles, is that the soft has his own exporter to Android and IOS, in order to be independant of other softs, and to unify the process, and be able to use C2 at its fullest, which is not the case now. The team adds often new exporters, like balckberry, amazon, etc.. so why not for Android and IOS ? I mean, it's nice to have a blackberry exporter, but if some have to be here and done, that are the ones for Android and IOS. I prefer quality to quantity, and i really would prefer to have the main exporters than some "second hand" ones.

At last, another thing with C2 is that a mobile is not a pc, the philosophy is different, so the problems encountered are too, and sometimes the team, even if they are very nice, doesn't seem to catch that, and some important features requested are seen like not important (like the choice of the fps for example. If Unity IOS exports in 30 fps by default, and like other soft offers you to change it the way you want, it's not for nothing - docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/iphone-iOS-Optimization.html). And when the answer is "it's useless", it bothers me, cause I really would prefer the team to give us the option, and see by ourself, what is best for our project, than having it deciding for us, the users, and closing doors. I prefer to have the choice, that to have a closed door to summarize.

Beside that, i love working on C2, and i'm sure that soon we will be able to create "professionnal" games on mobiles :) (and i'm realling waiting the "layout by loyaout loading" added on android and ios for that, to my opinion it will be a big step in that direction, to be able to do "big" games)

• You can't be mad at C2 or Scirra for lack of mobile support. At least in my opinion, it was never sold as a mobile development platform. It's sold as an HTML5 development platform. Doing anything above that is a bonus. I hoped that bonus would move a little more quickly than it has, but it just hasn't. I can't blame anyone for that. When I first started making games I just had dreams of making them for PC, but when I saw mobile was an option and worked for the 5 games I have out, I was thrilled. Then my focus had shifted to mobile, which means it might be time to find a environment more suited for it.

• You can't be mad at C2 or Scirra for lack of mobile support. At least in my opinion, it was never sold as a mobile development platform.

please go to scirra.com and see "Make games for..."

• ArcadEd : i don't know if the "mad of" was for me, but i'm not :) (but maybe it's my broken english which gives that impression, cause i tend to use straigforward words and sentences, i'm limited with my english like a C2 game on mobiles haha). I understand that the team has choices to do, and can't answer to the desires of everyone, but I think it's also important for each user to tell what he thinks is wrong or can be optimised, even if he's wrong, that's all, no madness at all :).

Besides, and maybe i'm wrong, but i don't really agree: for me, C2 is sold as a crossplatform tool, based on html5. The technology is not the target : you can do games on ios with different technologies, html5 is one of them, but C2 is sold as targetting it for example (as you can see on the start page of the website, ios and android are at the same level as the others, with a little * leading to a more little sentence at the end of the page haha).

But that's ok : just like you, if at the end i'm not happy, i will just go somewhere else to see if the grass is greeener (as we say in french, don't know if you have it in english), but if it happens, i think it's important for the team to know why they lose users, and to tell them what we think is wrong before it happens.

Again, no madness, just an opinion. ;)

• Creating a game is useless if you can't properly export them (properly = as you intended the game to behave), so such an important option shouldn't lie in the hands of third parties.seconded, iOS (and Android too) is the biggest platform, and there's no support for that...

You can't be mad at C2 or Scirra for lack of mobile support. At least in my opinion, it was never sold as a mobile development platform. It's sold as an HTML5 development platform. But HTML5 bugs are still unfixed:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/sounds-not-playing_topic75703.html

to the OP, remember there's Ejecta for iOS, and an Intel SDK for Android...

• the issue is that we are too dependant on a thir party, SC2 should have a native iOS export, or at least an export to Xcode

• Yeah, I think the problem will always be the support from third party. In the past we saw Ludei posting in here a lot and getting feedback and answering questions. It doesn't seem the case anymore and that worries me that they are kind of like "Whatever" to the C2 community.

Even in Ludei's own C2 forum they haven't posted since July 11th and there are at least a page of questions since then. I myself have a few questions that were never answered.

So yeah, that worries me the most.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I think the problem will always be the support from third party. In the past we saw Ludei posting in here a lot and getting feedback and answering questions. It doesn't seem the case anymore and that worries me that they are kind of like "Whatever" to the C2 community.

Even in Ludei's on C2 forum they haven't posted since July 11th and there are at least a page of questions since then. I myself have a few questions that were never answered.

So yeah, that worries me the most.   

Your best bet to get support is by asking a question on their Twitter page. It would be much faster than waiting on their forums for a reply. I asked them yesterday afternoon about Ouya support and they replied to be within 12 hours. I think if they can fine-tune the bugs, Ouya support, and Ads. I think we will all be satisfied here.

• this topic is nothing new, it seems to appear more and more frequent!? guess mobile developing is growing fast! i'm surprised C2 team wouldn't give a clear answer to this....

C2 is a great product, but when you must rely on a poor 3rd party exporter to finish the job, the experience can degrade dramatically!

its meaningless for us frustrated users repeatedly discuss this problem, if C2 team wouldn't want to face it, or simply don't care about the mobile export problem!

i would like to know whats C2's view on this problem, is there any roadmap to improve mobile export? Ashely

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)