Handling 4 Players. Combine Events

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • phlix, haha, yeah I think you already had the same idea :), liking it

As to spawning and where, perhaps have that related to game type.

ie normal mode: players spawn in their respective corner, crazy mode randomized :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • phlix, haha, yeah I think you already had the same idea :), liking it

As to spawning and where, perhaps have that related to game type.

ie normal mode: players spawn in their respective corner, crazy mode randomized :)

Yes we had :D thank you for you feedback.

I think I'll go with a corner spawn and spawn protection in normal mode and then in crazy mode i'll try something like round-based game where you don't respawn and when there's only one player left the game will move on to a further layout where you can improve you stats like Speed, Handling, Bullet speed, Rate of fire ... and so on, based on the amount of kills you did last round. So the first round everyone will be very slow and it's hard to evade bullets and then round afer round you can choose what you want to improve ..

In my previous versions i always let the player die if he went out of the layout but I'm thinking of aligning the layout border with solid sprites and give the players the behaviour "bounce of solids" .. What do you think about that?

In later updates after the game has been released, I want to make expensive special upgrades where you can buy for example a upgrade that let your bullets bounce of walls etc.

• Would be good to have some sort of bounce effect on the walls, perhaps even something like a moment of disorientation :)

Upgrades are always good, here is a suggestion for a few: faster turning, ammo amount

Also, got a suggestion for you making the level of multiple players more fun to experience results of their play:

When there are 2 left, make a special moment:

IE: second person died, then:

the screen goes just a little bit darker, apart for a spot in the middle, with on each side on of the players, perhaps slightly zoom in, add an exciting tune like something is about to happen: and then have the two fight it out ..   Sudden death moment.

It perhaps doesnt mean much, but that moment of special battle could be where the players are aiming for to end up :D

• Would be good to have some sort of bounce effect on the walls, perhaps even something like a moment of disorientation :)

Upgrades are always good, here is a suggestion for a few: faster turning, ammo amount

Also, got a suggestion for you making the level of multiple players more fun to experience results of their play:

When there are 2 left, make a special moment:

IE: second person died, then:

the screen goes just a little bit darker, apart for a spot in the middle, with on each side on of the players, perhaps slightly zoom in, add an exciting tune like something is about to happen: and then have the two fight it out ..   Sudden death moment.

It perhaps doesnt mean much, but that moment of special battle could be where the players are aiming for to end up :D

Great Ideas! thank you for your input.

faster turning i already got on my list (agility/handling).

I wrote everything down and I will check how much effort it is to create those things. I like your point about the desorientation and i'll definetly do that since it's not that hard to implement.

The sudden death moment is something about the gamer's experience which I didn't really give a lot of thoughs on. Maybie I underestimated the importance of that. I will create this with an update at the latest.

But this is something I haven't got a lot of experience with. I want to make an animation for a double kill aswell that there are short lightenings all over the screen for 1 second. I'll have to experiment with those visual effects a bit.

And I can't imagine yet how to set up a proper "coded" trigger when someone achieves a double kill .. but we'll see about that.

• Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)