Had a great C2 day!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Action packed 2 track pack for use in your projects
  • So, I've been using C2 for several months now... and struggling a little bit. For my first program I decided to tackle a Flashcard app to help my wife and me learn French, and I got a little hung up on Local Storage, Arrays, .json files, text-to-speech, voice recognition, etc.

Today at work I actually got to use Construct 2 for something more... graphical... in nature, and I had a great time! I just kept finding one cool feature after another. I had to import some sprites and it was MUCH easier than I expected. Then I realized that the sprites were in spritesheets. No problem for C2, it cut them out for me. Another nice surprise.

I've been wishing there was a way to replace just an *object* on an event line; today I found "Replace object" in the context menu. <head slap>

Last week I was moaning about the lack of a MoveTo behavior but this morning I started using "lerp" and it's really nice and super easy. After that I stumbled across the "Choose" expression. Then I wanted to shake the screen and C2 provided there, too.

And don't even get me started on all the Sprite effects I found! About an hour before lunch I had a great feature prototype to show my Art Director (it ran perfectly on his Mac) and I told him I hoped to have another prototype ready before the end of the day. Nope, I finished that sucker before lunch!

My only complaint about C2 at this point is that my wife's iPad stops loading my Flashcard app after a few plays. (Just brings up the C2 loader bar and then... nothing...) I have to completely remove the webpage from her device before it works again. (The app works fine on all my other devices. Can't figure it out.)

• It's probably buggey buffers on Ios.

Happens on most apps, not just C2.

You can try closing the app manually by double tapping the home button, swiping left or right to the app, and then swiping up.

• [quote:2mysty13]You can try closing the app manually by double tapping the home button, swiping left or right to the app, and then swiping up.

Yeah, that doesn't work. The only way I can get the app to start working again is to go into: Settings/Safari/Advanced/WebsiteData, find my website and then swipe across to delete it.

Maybe I should have her download Chrome. That might work better.

• Try "Add to Home Screen" under the Safari Share button.

Otherwise you should consider making a bug report.

• Congratulations for your day I'm glad that Construct 2 can surprise you with such features (after using it about for 4 years, I still find new stuff in it, so I know the feeling). Just tell me one thing: What is that wonderful job where you can work with C2?

• [quote:2ybi0baw]Try "Add to Home Screen" under the Safari Share button.

Otherwise you should consider making a bug report.

I've never used the "Add to Home Screen" feature. Is that basically just a bookmark that brings up Safari and loads the page? I don't think that would change anything... Unless it allows you to play the app offline, but that won't work because I am constantly adding new vocabulary.

I thought about submitting a Bug Report but my app only fails on my wife's iPhone... it seems to work okay on our other devices, so I don't think there would be a way for Ashley to reproduce the bug.

[quote:2ybi0baw]What is that wonderful job where you can work with C2?

I've been a professional game designer for over 30 years and I'm currently working for a large casual game company in France. Yesterday I took a break from writing design specs and creating levels to mock up some spell effects. (Our Art Director was sort of stuck and looking for ideas.) As I mentioned, it was a FUN day!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah it's sort of like a bookmark, but it acts like a separate app.

You will need a host like dropbox for regular use, but it should update as you change anything.

Its great for preview though.

You can do something similar with Android, and Windows 10 universal apps.

Anyway if you can replicate the bug easily you should make a report.

You never know there might be some setting he can change, or at least submit a bug report to Apple.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)