Greenworks a node-webkit plugin [STEAMWORKS]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Ashley

Thanks for your effort

• That's really nice to know you're having a look at this... Thanks a lot!

• Damn! Thanks for checking it out.

• Ashley

Thanks for taking time to work on this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley Cheers

• Ashley Thanks Ashley... this would have been a very nice addition. So basically that mean i can't export to Steam. I planned to but if it require some API code... i am doomed. Haha.

• Rushino I don't think you NEED the API to export to steam, but you won't get achievements etc.

• Aurel Actually, I was the one who said I was a bit miffed, and I wasn't even being all that serious, lol.

I just meant that it's a shame that Gamemaker got Steam support and C2 didn't when C2 is by far the program I want to work with. I doubt I would be anywhere as far if had bought Gamemaker instead.

As someone who really wants to focus on PC for my first game, I am really anxious to get things on Steam when I get the game done.DrewMelton2013-12-02 23:02:21

Keep in mind that Gamemaker is not an engine based on Javascript. Construct 2 is. Nature of Construct 2 is primary to make games for browsers. Offcourse it is not limited to browsers (since it got many export options) and i am rather happy of that because technology tend to go with javascript a lots thoses days, but most export options are based on browsers engine that support Javascript like Node-webkit which is based on Chrome. That explain why... Construct 2 might need support of some Steam API from his Node-webkit third party export option first. Then he need to make a plugin or add features to the Node-webkit to fill the gaps between the Node-webkit and the Steam feature offered by the Node-webkit. There no way Construct 2 can support this natively since it rely a lots on third party export runtime. Not saying this is a bad thing at all otherwise i wouldn't have bought it. Just saying there are reasons why its easy or not to implement.. most of the time those are technical reasons outside the scope of Construct 2 which Ashley can or not do anything.

• Rushino I don't think you NEED the API to export to steam, but you won't get achievements etc.

I hope so! Are you saying a plugin would be only for interaction access with steam ? (such friends, etc..) If that the case then i am safe cause i didn't need that. This is a singleplayer game so there no reasons to have integration with steam really. This need to be confirmed through.

• Rushino , even if its a singleplayer game, people like having access to the Steam overlay (Especially me )

to keep contact with their friend/may search something in the browser.

• Rushino , even if its a singleplayer game, people like having access to the Steam overlay (Especially me )

to keep contact with their friend/may search something in the browser.

Offcourse! If we can get it then its a good plus naturally. Just saying that it would be cool to have the opportunity to at least run it from Steam with or without integration.

• Rushino, this is confirmed, and there are already Construct2 games on steam that just use the single player aspect. There is no achievement support, but having your game on steam is 100% possible.

• All Greenworks appears to do is activate achievements and use cloud storage. If you don't need either of those features, there's no need to wait for this to go ahead, just publish the ordinary node-webkit export.

• Great thanks Ashley!

• Sorry to bump this, I thought it would be better to keep all Steam-related questions to one thread.

Has anyone been having trouble with the Steam overlay? I can't get it to work in my game and I'm not sure why. When I open it on Steam, it shows the notification saying it's ready to be used but it doesn't appear when I press shift + tab like in other games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)