gles.js - a lightweight WebGL renderer for Android

• ? This is a test post.

Ok, so back to the topic. So what can the dev of gles.js do to make his lightweight renderer work with C2? And how much work will this entail on both parties?

• I don't think the big boys care about HTML5 gaming performance. Maybe Intel does because they're kind of a minority trying to get a slice of the mobile CPU market and need to back something disruptive, but I'm talking about mobile OS makers who control the keys to their platforms. I think they believe it's not a good idea to make this perform natively because let's face it, they have developer and app ecosystems they are profiting from themselves that's big money: it's really against their own interest to make this work NOW. There's always tomorrow, but it's never a priority for today because why would they if it will cause less developers to use their tools? The big mobile players (helped in part by noisy HTML5 "activists") fucked over Flash because HTML5 (rolls eyes), second, the fact is, the Flash SWFs flying around are an actual threat to their own app eco systems at the time when Flash was quite popular, and third (which they used for their legit defense) are cons against running unoptimized (and maybe unsecured) Flash code in mobile devices like being batteries leeches. What's the matter with running Flash on mobile phones? I want Flash on my phone to run some of those creations but I have to settle for workarounds to make it work especially in Android 4.4+. And remember when Facebook went gungho with HTML5 as a mobile app a few years back and then scrapped it and went native because it sucked bad? It might not be primarily because of HTML5, but its snail pace development may be due to the fact about what I mentioned earlier: there's no incentive to make it work and make it work well now - maybe sometime tomorrow... or when I'm a skeleton.

• This isn't gles.js related, but some good news about MS:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/290631 ... rocks.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm surprised I've never seen this before. It's amazing!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)