Feature Request: Hex/iso tilemaps

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I would like to be able to use isometric/hex tiles, specifically ones with a "height" to them, thus needing some overlap to hide the Z portion of the tiles under most circumstances. Examples here: opengameart.org/content/hexagon-tiles-93x and opengameart.org/content/isometric-city

I attempted to write a plugin to provide this functionality myself but I was told that the engine has a limitation where UI is limited to only the official plugins and thus my copy of the tilemap plugin would not work even when I changed nothing but the plugin name and ID. If you can add this feature to the engine I would appreciate it.

• Eh. Might see something like this for C3 as a 3rd party addon. As for C2 you might just have to use Tiled / your own system with sprite objects.

I gotta say, it's pretty amazing how many 2D engines skip right past so many fundamental features. Construct came out ~7 years ago and we just recently got orthogonal tilemaps. Clickteam's been around for over 15 years and their engines never got them at all. Sadly, with so many people targeting chintzy mobile games and such, or simply not knowing any better, nothing is ever done about it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I'm trying to make a game that's gonna be RPGish and will require a lot of UI elements and that has become a very frustrating part of development.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)