False alarm on NW.js

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Math questions appear quickly on the page, so you must respond quickly to get points!
  • I just wanted to let the Community know that Avast has a false alarm for the newest NW.js version available from the Scirra site: v0.13.2.

Avast claims the nw.exe as a Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]. If you encounter this problem as well, please send a report to Avast as a false alarm.

• I've had a couple of players reporting this issue with my recently released game. Anything more we can do about this?

• I don't think so. Anti-virus software sometimes make this kind of mistake. Even with well-known programs. I think the best we can do is to report it, maybe even put out a topic on their forums to speed up the process of fixing this.

• Looks like you can submit programs to Avast for white-listing. Maybe we can use that process but ask them to white-list C2 exported games in general?

• same thing here... c2 226, latest v0.13.2 nw.js - avast marks nw.exe as a threat. whitelisting nw.exe in avast is ok for me. but telling all the players of my game to do the same seems to be a very loosy workaround...

i've sent the exported nw.exe to avast hope they'll do some magic with this. everyone with this problem repeat!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • same thing here... c2 226, latest v0.13.2 nw.js - avast marks nw.exe as a threat. whitelisting nw.exe in avast is ok for me. but telling all the players of my game to do the same seems to be a very loosy workaround...

i've sent the exported nw.exe to avast hope they'll do some magic with this. everyone with this problem repeat!

Of course you can't ask the players to do that. You'll lose customers. I hope that Avast fixes this soon (or it will be fixed with the newer NW.js versions). If not, then we might have to contact Avast directly in that matter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)