Exporting from command line?

1 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Ashley, is it possible to export C2 projects from command line?

Something like:

Construct2.exe -e -h "c:/folder/test.capx" "c:/targetfolder"

to export a html version of a test.capx in target folder.

I'm looking into exporting multiple projects at once without manual work.

Cheers!

• Seconded. This would be extremely useful for creating multiple builds at once.

• I think this is on our todo list. I'll see what we can do, but it might be pretty complicated - some of the exporters have lots of configuration settings, and they're not stored inside the .capx file so they need to be specified each time.

• Basic html export would suffice for my needs.

It would be really helpful in educational environment, as one could automate exporting students projects files and push them directly to server for everybody to see, not just students on local lan.

• It would be nice if the exporters used:

/project/export paths

i.e.

/GhostShooter/HTML5

/GhostShooter/Win8

/GhostShooter/CocoonJS

• I think this is on our todo list. I'll see what we can do, but it might be pretty complicated - some of the exporters have lots of configuration settings, and they're not stored inside the .capx file so they need to be specified each time.

xml to the rescue?

• If I might add my input.

I have also been looking for this feature since I started using construct2 but held of requesting since it's a "nice to have". It would be awesome to have my personal CI server be able to build and push to my web servers automatically. Personally I think building one project at a time is fine. IMHO the logic to handle multiple projects at once is better suited in build scripts. Also, I understand there may be a dozen different fields or so but if you build a Visual Studio project with the CLI there can be just as many, or more. ;)

At the enterprise where I work I built a Jenkins Continuous Integration environment for a team that will check out a VS solution and build the code anytime anyone commits. Next it deploys then runs a suite of tests to validate the code; at a high level. If we are able to build C2 from the CLI I'll also be able to configure a unit test framework for my games. That way if I change some events I break something say in level1 the tests will catch it.

Ashley Let me know if something similar to the above for the C2 core interests you. We can talk if so.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just wondering if there's been any movement on the development of a CLI for Construct2?

At the moment, I manually export the updated capx to the dev server. This is a pain as we typically use Bamboo or Jenkins for CI builds. Access to a CLI would be awesome and save so much time.

Jay

• now. it can?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)