Export to OUYA?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Hi all!

I'm a teacher and using Construct 2 in all my classes :)

I'm wondering if official OUYA support is planned? Main reason is to have a cheap way of students seeing their games on a "real" console with controller and all that.

Also great way to show them off during parent evenings and other events.

With official, I mean exporting it onto a USB and being able to just run the game without having to go through other procedures.

• Like, directly from C2 I doubt it.

Nevertheless, Ludei's CocoonJS should be a good way to do so.

And C2 has already an export towards cocoonJS built in. For the export/port on OUYA, the ball is in Ludei's camp.

• Thank you!

I have a tablet underway and I'm eager to see how exporting works. Would be perfect to use this to show students' projects to other people in a convenient way.

• CJS does not support controller input at this time. However, some one who visited CJS and talked to them did find out that they have an Ouya and are working on support. So with Ludie speed of updated, maybe 6 months :|

• We're working with Ludei on Ouya support including controller support. Hopefully it will be available soon.

• We're working with Ludei on Ouya support including controller support. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Ashley

Wait what????? This is not news I have heard before. Well then this is really super exciting. I know you normally can't go into details. But is it possible that one of the reasons CJS WebGL isn't out because of controller support coming with it?

• Another thing that would be nice is some kind of in-app purchase support since you can't just sell apps on OUYA (read ouya.tv/discover/), sounds like you have to do in-app purchases to make any money

Awesome!

• Ouya Score: 62 "pass on"

gdgt.com/ouya/console

• russpuppy

I'm pretty sure this will come with the IAP :) CJS built a open IAP infrastructure to support multiple stores. So for them it's likely and easy tinker. With C2, using the plugin. It's likely to also be well supported :) we are heading to the horizon of a new world :) let's see what we can make of it :)

Ouya Score: 62 "pass on"

http://gdgt.com/ouya/console/

California

I replied here as it was a more relevant non thread derailing thread :)

scirra.com/forum/topic54324_post431129.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

That is great news, thank you!

• One thing that would also be good to support is the free trial mode. Some games have 5 free plays then you have to buy the game. This is much better than the 30 minute trial.

• e're working with Ludei on Ouya support including controller support. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Bring it on!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)