Would someone like to show an example of the text files you use for handling data? Im just curious in seeing how you keep the data organized there, and how the data is read in C2.
Just open any excel sheet and you already figured it out how I managed all my data and their maintenance.
Any time I wish to import it to C2, I do eight important steps:
1. Toss all data that I wanted into a new excel sheet.
2. Do a Find and Replace for commas.
3. Save as MS-DOS CSV
4. Do a Find and Replace for CSV commas. (I use this | as replacement)
5. Do a Find and Replace back for data commas (revert them back to commas).
6. Create a new array for it if the data type is new.
7. Import the CSV and link it up to my function that parse through AJAX.
8. Create a new section in that function to toss all data from AJAX parsing to the array.
And there, it is done. the data is available for use through the game.
You can skip step 6,7 and 8 and just copy paste the new data straight into the imported file when you updated the data in your excel sheets.