Crosswalk 14/Intel® XDK available

0 favourites
  • Yeah, Thats Nice!

• imaffett, thank you, this update is really a big step up. Like shinkan mentioned, the biggest improvement when testing out my game, is that previously when the frame rates drop to mid 50s and below, it stutters very visibly. Now, even if it is at low 50s, the stuttering is very minimal. That makes the game so much more playable. As for fps, there is a slight improvement, for my game it is around 5fps.

Again, thanks, this was a great update, can't wait to see how much more Intel XDK can improve in the near future.

• imaffett

Thanks for mention.

• Better then CocoonJs Canvas+? Whats about size of compiled apk-file?

• Better then CocoonJs Canvas+? Whats about size of compiled apk-file?

Depends on what you think is better, performance, or full c2 compatibility, Canvas+ still has better performance, Crosswalk is fully compatible with all c2 features (AJAX, forms, letterbox etc.) but performance, on some devices - no more than 40fps and size of compiled apk = size of your game + 20mb overhead, you can try shared mode in XDK for no overhead, but i don't know much about it's performance and other stuff.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • imaffett Thanks for the info.

• omg, need to check it out. Can't believe the prophecy came true. ^^

• imaffett

Is it me or the CW14 builds add these permissions?

android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Is there a way to disable them? If I don't use them why are they included?

I didn't have this problem with CW12

• imaffett

i tested the performance of Crosswalk 14, really POOR !!! the skia fix Shell was very good as Crosswalk 7, but the current Crosswalk 14 is horrible in performance! i didn't change anything in my game.

test device "s3 mini"

Canvas 2d as before

• Egyptoon - that's interesting. Your game was the baseline test we were using. On my Galaxy s3, the performance is the same as Skia Shell and about the same as Crosswalk 7.

• Hmm, its strange. When i resume the last weeks here: There are 50% that sayed that the games on android runs great and smoothie and the other 50% says it runs bad. At the beginning at this problem it was very hard to perform the game with 8 fps (easy examples only with sqares and a bit physics: same solution [round 10 fps]) but now it runs (with xdk/cw or ludei software updates and work self at the gamelogic/performance better and better. But not perfectly.

The interessting part is, that i have make a radical testrun with my game and delete many objects (unplayable) from my game, but: without better performance!

Egyptoon - that's interesting. Your game was the baseline test we were using. On my Galaxy s3, the performance is the same as Skia Shell and about the same as Crosswalk 7.

imaffett/egyptoon: when you want, i can send you a link with the newest version of my game as compiled version

with intelxdk and as capx. have (brother) an s3 for testruns. (s2 and s6 too)

I dont know, but it can maybe a combinition of the enduser hardware/software. Maybe its interesting to test the same caps and compiled games and to match the results the same hardware-type?

Edit: when yes i can send it next day at morning... (i am here on a pc at work )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)