Crosswalk 14/Intel® XDK available

0 favourites
  • Crosswalk 14, which includes the Skia fix, is available now for building in the Intel® XDK. You are no longer stuck with Crosswalk 7!

Special thanks to Ashley, Egyptoon , lola and everyone who participated in the thread. It was this community that helped the Crosswalk team identify the bug and get it resolved. Numerous people provided APK's, device types, and OS versions that replicated the problem. The Crosswalk team reproduced it with a known device/app and found the fix. It's been resolved now in Chromium source too.

• Edit: where do we find the update? XDK is only showing up to version 12...

• imaffett

Could you please provide a link for downloading App Preview Crosswalk 14.0? Instaling it from XDK gives me an errors - already asked about that on intel forums.

• shinkan

Edit: Guess we just gotta wait...more.

From XDK twitter about 5 hours ago:

[quote:3g5870kg]Embedded #Crosswalk 14 builds are now ready. They will be available to 2170 users via "embedded" version pulldown, very soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • TiAm i already have CW14 available in my XDK soon as I read that post last night

Installing App Preview Crosswalk 14 on my phone is necessary to use a XDK Debugger by USB with my phone, but like I explained on their forums. I can't install it automatically from XDK. So i need them to provide me with a manually link, just like they gave me a links for older versions

• App Preview Crosswalk 14 will be updated soon. For now, just build your app and test it.

• imaffett Thanks for the info.

And I confirm that CW14 works great!

Just build and tested my game on my samsung galaxy s3 and it works perfect! Comparing to CW12 it's a milestone. No junk, no slowdown. even when my game drops to 45fps for some time, the movement was still smooth, while on CW12 it looks like a stop motion movie

Well done, Thank you!

• Will this update improve performance on iOS also?

• dhondon - no. iOS will use the default WebView. Which device/OS version are you seeing issues on?

• Well, that's nice!

• imaffett Thanks for the info.

And I confirm that CW14 works great!

Just build and tested my game on my samsung galaxy s3 and it works perfect! Comparing to CW12 it's a milestone. No junk, no slowdown. even when my game drops to 45fps for some time, the movement was still smooth, while on CW12 it looks like a stop motion movie

Well done, Thank you!

Strange, for me the performance is horrible with Crosswalk 14 (embedded).

After a few seconds it's really janky and stuttery. I haven't changed any settings from my previous Crosswalk 7 build.

Will try a new project but disappointed

• Well, my game works pretty fine on CW12 - 55-60fps but sometimes junk and small freezes were noticeable with fast moving objects or camera movements. In CW14 game stays almost all the time on 60fps and no junk at all. So you may check again your project and make sure your events are fine.

• shinkan can I try your game?

• Iolva nope I'm on the contract and NDA so can't share anything about that project I'm working on :/

• Crosswalk 14, which includes the Skia fix, is available now for building in the Intel® XDK. You are no longer stuck with Crosswalk 7!

Special thanks to Ashley, Egyptoon , lola and everyone who participated in the thread. It was this community that helped the Crosswalk team identify the bug and get it resolved. Numerous people provided APK's, device types, and OS versions that replicated the problem. The Crosswalk team reproduced it with a known device/app and found the fix. It's been resolved now in Chromium source too.

hi,

thanks for reeasing the cw14

however performance is still bad and i'm using samsung i9505 (s4mini)

what's news about Admob fsp drops ? did you solve this issue on cw14?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)