Confine certain functions to certain event sheets ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I am a paying customer and I have produced games using Construct 2 that have been published to iOS, Android, Amazon, Chrome and Microsoft App Store and I am VERY satisfied with Construct 2, it is an amazing program.

Something however hmm, annoys me.

The whole idea of a "function" in every other programming language is to make things easy, call this function and it does all those lines again.

But certain functions are mostly only called in certain dialogs/interface and in Construct 2 case, event sheets.

The idea that all functions created inside the function object is global and exposed to all event sheets is just...absurd.

Can we have like the ability to confine certain functions to certain event sheets ? So that on the next event sheet, I wouldn't have access to functions confine to other event sheets ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just made a quick test for you and you can't call functions that are not linked to your event sheet. For ex. if you have event sheet 'A' and 'B' and you are trying to call a function using an event in 'A' that is set on 'B' you won't be able to do that unless you include event sheet 'B' into 'A'. So you just see the list of all the functions when you are calling them but you can't use all of them.

• Can we don't even see those functions which we can't use in the first place ?

Nobody wants to see what they can't use.

• Can we don't even see those functions which we can't use in the first place ?

Nobody wants to see what they can't use.

I think it would be better to have a setting for that either in the editor or in the plugin itself. Since for beginners it might be a better idea to list all of their functions (with a warning) in case they forget to include the event sheet containing it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)